Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

Fucking love Chata. <3 Also, this is a nice map. 1st time doing rotating sliders too. It was really fun. :D

I'll likely be able to FC this map once I get my new mouse pad. Still hard as heck to move my mouse around with my current one, but I'm putting up with it for now.

Also overcame this obstacle I've had with hitting fast streams and triple notes. I've been using 1 key up until now since I could never get use to pressing 2. But that, unfortunately, has some hard restrictions. I thought I could up my speed a little and eventually adjust to it, but those beats are just too fast for one keystroke! I still can't get the hang of using two keys either, it just feels weird to me, but I've decided to start using key+click for those particular notes. So instead of just tapping 1 really fast, I hit 1+click+1 for the triple notes and streams. Probably a weird way to play, right? :P This is what I imagine dual wielding would feel like in Osu, lol!

I think it'd be very beneficial to learn to tap with 2 fingers on the keyboard, since trying to swap between clicking on mouse and 1 keyboard click will become very difficult on complicated songs. One playstyle I see some mouse users use is use the mouse to click all easy pace notes, and use the keyboard for streams. I personally learned to use the keyboard for all clicking within my first few weeks playing, I just couldn't click with the mouse at all.

I just started 3 months ago

I remember my first top 50 was in my first 3 months of playing as well. I don't have a leaderboard image of it though, only the score in my history, and I actually redid it to keep the top 50 placement. I do have a picture of my 2nd top 50, I was so happy about that one, as well as my 1st temporary 1st place.

x4KP4H3.jpg

DDIIkx4.jpg

So, next week I'll probably be playing osu! a lot and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up in multi sometime. Hopefully I can find some people to play with so I don't just have to keep going through my same limited song library.

So, next week I'll probably be playing osu! a lot and was wondering if anyone wants to meet up in multi sometime. Hopefully I can find some people to play with so I don't just have to keep going through my same limited song library.

Yes ! Multi ! I'm up

And we have about the same level so that's even better.

Did you add me ? I'm Maefok, I already have you as a friend.

I have a large collection of songs so message me whenever if you wanna play.

Yes ! Multi ! I'm up

And we have about the same level so that's even better.

Did you add me ? I'm Maefok, I already have you as a friend.

You guys should add me, - Aiko -

image4.png?uid=3680392&m=0

I added both of you. I should be playing starting this weekend.

I have a large collection of songs so message me whenever if you wanna play.

I figured your osu name would be the same as your Fuwa name, and I think I guess right :P

Ugggggggh...peppy pls....let me sort alphabetically by artist name and then by song title like it used to be...now everything is all out of place and I get lost in all my maps and collections expecting something to be where it was Q_Q

On an unrelated note, Dont have a usb port available for my tablet atm (need to test some other hardware for a few days) and going back to mouse after 6months...holy mother im so terrible....dont think i'll even bother trying to play.

My check is coming in soon, so thankfully I'll be able to buy a new mousepad with that. Still waiting for a response to my headset problem so I can get that sorted out. I ended up having to deal with a rough update for Win7 and since then I haven't been able to get my headset working. It happened during a 3-hour Osu marathon, I didn't notice the notification at all, and everything started closing on their own when the update hit. So, yeah, lesson learned: don't let Windows update automatically.

Once all that shit's cleared out, I'll definitely join in as well! I'm sure I have something worth throwing in out of my 1000+ maps.

Ugggggggh...peppy pls....let me sort alphabetically by artist name and then by song title like it used to be...now everything is all out of place and I get lost in all my maps and collections expecting something to be where it was Q_Q

On an unrelated note, Dont have a usb port available for my tablet atm (need to test some other hardware for a few days) and going back to mouse after 6months...holy mother im so terrible....dont think i'll even bother trying to play.

When I checked yesterday I dont remember having a sorting issue, but tablets require so much precision and muscle memory it's hard to get used to new settings

When I checked yesterday I dont remember having a sorting issue, but tablets require so much precision and muscle memory it's hard to get used to new settings

Getting use to using a different device for Osu is like weapon mastery in RPGs. There can be clear advantages to using a different weapon, but it's something you have to build on from scratch. Like say you're level 50 or whatever using the mouse and keyboard and level 35 using just a mouse to click. If you were just starting out, you would be level 1 using a tablet. Now, your overall level would give you the right expertise to use an inferior weapon on monsters that would otherwise outmatch it (or in this case, beats), you would be able to train that skill up faster than you would have with your previous weapon. However, you do not want to tackle beats at your current overall level with a new weapon, so you want to build that skill up by defeating inferior beats to train your new weapon skill. And by the time you've gained enough weapon XP to bring it up to the level 50 you had with the mouse and keyboard, you're basically able to use all the perks that come with using that weapon proficiently. The only downside to changing your play style is that you need to take time training another skill rather than advancing with your current mastery.

That yuikonnu song has me so angry... I had a run that probably one of the best PP scores I've done if I hadn't missed two easy notes. BTW, what happened in that red dip in the graph? :P

The pain of only missing a couple notes...I actually went thru my song library and counted how many maps I was missing SS by only 1 note....was around 120 or so...and another 200-ish were 2-3 off. Got incredibly depressed after that.

E6vsd2r.png

I had to give myself a couple greens. I was on the verge of passing out with that SS. XD But still, holy sweet mother of god! Definitely my greatest accomplishment on Osu! ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Maef, remember how I said I initially got 5 points from the A I got last time? Well, I got another 7 from this! That's like a 12-point total from when I first started practicing this map.

xGQrxyX.png

Edit:

Also, Al, you missed out! After you left, we did a pretty awesome fap map!

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/102666 (lyrics NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEPHLPmt914

Also, thanks for the multi, Maef! I definitely feel like I got something from that (might be what attributed to my score on Miren).

Playing with Maefdomn made me notice how incompetent I am in osu. I can't single tap above 220 bpm, and I can't do linear single tap notes, I can't do streams above 190bpm, I can't handle random streams in songs, I can't handle AR10. I can only do 180bpm jumpy maps without too many streams :(

I earned 1PP from the whole time we played because I failed a majority of everything xD

Playing with Maefdomn made me notice how incompetent I am in osu. I can't single tap above 220 bpm, and I can't do linear single tap notes, I can't do streams above 190bpm, I can't handle random streams in songs, I can't handle AR10. I can only do 180bpm jumpy maps without too many streams :(

I earned 1PP from the whole time we played because I failed a majority of everything xD

I don't think that means incompetent xD at all.

You jump way better than I do and play with a defective keyboard ;p.

And do not underestimate that 1 PP !!!!

1 PP is precious !

I don't think that means incompetent xD at all.

You jump way better than I do and play with a defective keyboard ;p.

And do not underestimate that 1 PP !!!!

1 PP is precious !

Discovered I earned that 1 PP just before joining you guys in multi, so I didn't actually earn anything in there :P

9tUjv.jpg

Experimenting with a new improvement method. Seems to be working out pretty decently for me. And damn I got a good number of points today! 2 days ago, I was ranked at 101k. Now I'm at 89k! I'll probably write a guide for what I'm doing one day (still need to do a little more research).

What's your improvement method? When I played, I mistakenly stayed around doing HD+HR+DT on normals for too long, and then stayed around farming PP on Hard with HD for too long :P My playcount is huge because I retried countless times trying to earn PP back when the PP system sucked