[LF Extractor] .bin files デュラララ!! 3way standoff -alley-

Aciv

Even though I promised myself I will firstly translate it and then look for an extractor but I found out it's pretty hard to find one so I start to look for one asap.

I wish to translate デュラララ!!3way standoff -alley-. The game files are in .bin format. I tried to look for some solutions how to extract them myself but it turned out to be too complicated for me...

Are bin files hard to extract? Or is anyone here willing to help? It would be much appreciated.

.bin stands for "binary". Its not some specific format, its generic extension for really huge variety of stuff and usually means program uses some kind of its own binary format.

You should try to find out first what engine game uses rather than approaching archive files directly.

The game files are actually in DATA.cpk, with the script files themselves inside tar archives within DATA.cpk.

After unpacking all the tar files and creating script dumps from the scripts, it came out to be 430MB. 7625 files in 1901 folders. Mental.

So here's my extract script anyway: http://pastebin.com/qwvHJiQF - For python 2.7, not 3.0+

It's a ridiculous mess and I don't really recommend you actually use it, but it's available for whatever "reference" reasons.

To get all the scripts:

Extract all the files from DATA.cpk with whatever program. CriPackedFileMaker didn't work for me and I had to use the QuickBMS cpk script instead. Extract it into some sub-folder. Put the script into the folder, so the filepaths are like:

script.py

files\_dummy.dat

files\BGAE.LBG

Open a cmd and run the script as "script.py -unpack files" (or whatever that folder name is that has the files). This will extract all the .TAR archives into an Unpacked folder. Then run "script.py -e2 Unpacked" to extract scripts from all of the script (*.ssb) files.

You will then have all the script and can edit whatever you want in them text-wise. You can add opcodes to the script for new text boxes, but I don't know exactly what you'd need to add, testing takes way too long with repacking the CPK so I don't really want to spend ages trying. If you do add to the script though, just add the opcodes themselves, so just copy everything from the right of the ::. Boxes need to end with a ▼ character for the game to wait for input, otherwise it just goes to the next line. A tip for finding the actual text in the scripts, look at the first call-0xd you see right near the top of the script, and then skip down to the line with that number, as that's where the "main" text script part is.

After you make whatever changes to the text, you can re-compile the whole Scripts folder by running the script as "script.py -c2 Scripts" and everything will be recompiled back into the .TAR files in a Compiled folder. You can then use those with the other files and build a new CPK with CriPackedFileMaker. Options I used were use filenames, try compression and align to 2048 and that works fine. I didn't try other options or data aligning but they may work too. Put your new DATA.cpk back into the UMD and done.

Also you can extract and compile scripts one at a time instead of doing the whole massive Unpacked\Scripts folder. You can straight up extract the .TAR archives from the DATA.CPK with any standard archive tool, winrar, 7zip etc, it's a common format. Then you can copy any *.ssb you want to work with into the same folder as the script, and you can extract it with "script.py -e1 file.ssb" and compile it with "script.py -c1 file.txt" - I recommend you add some extra part to the original *.ssb after extracting it, otherwise it'll get overwritten when you compile, so just call it *.ssb.orig or *.ssb.bak or something. You can then use that and make your own .TAR. 7zip works just fine for that.

It's not very nice I know, but there we are. As I said, probably better to find someone who can make a proper program for you and handle all this stuff is a much nicer way.

KZHaewZ.jpg

Oh yeah, text should be 2 lines, not 3. Also that font is bleh, at least above native resolution.

I doubt if there is someone who can help me more - that's a thousand help already. Thank you very much for your time! I will look into it as soon as I can.

As for the font, the whole game is "bleh" above the native resolution. The only thing that concerns me is the maximum character number as it is shown on your screenshot - I will certainly have to find out how to add new boxes properly. Ah gosh, seriously, whenever I start to translate a game, it either doesn't have enough space on the screen or has a weird font...

(I used to translate a game into Hungarian, turned out its font didn't have special accent characters. I edited all the five fonts and drew them myself, then I realized they need a special format to be readable by the game. I sent an email to the company... the only answer I got was "we don't have enough men to handle this problem". Converting 5 files. Wha-)

TL;DR I'm really thankful since I am new to this extracting-repacking stuff. I haven't thought someone will explain it so clearly, the best I was hoping for to just get a mass of files to work with.