Grisaia no Kajitsu

ZAWARUDO

I deleted the installer, because I only got a few space left.

Re-downloading the installer if it wont get fixed is my last resort.

It's most likely not re-installing it, when you format your pc you remove all the registry changes so games will not identify as installed.

If you know what kind of key or something to be added in the registry, just let me know.

And thanks for the reply.

It isn't that simple, you just have to re-install it. Since you would have to search where the changes were and how they were made. It's a bit time consuming re-downloading again but good luck.

If you know what kind of key or something to be added in the registry, just let me know.

And thanks for the reply.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FW_Grisaia

N: UninstallStrin T: REG_SZ D: C:\frontwing\グリザイアの果実\uninst.exe

N: DisplayName T: REG_SZ D: グリザイアの果実

N: (Deafult) T: REG_SZ D: ~empty~

Let me know if it worked

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FW_Grisaia

Let me know if it worked

Welp it looks like I got my ass handed to me, but good work anyway AMMSY.

go to your configuration screen and then go to programs. See if the game is installed if it is installed.

Make a backup of your save file and delete the game.

download the game again and reinstall.

If that does not work it has nothing to do woth your registery. A lot of games can play just fine without a registery entry.

Also When you reformatted the pc?

Did the letter assigned to the hard drive that the game is on change?

If so try changing the disk letter back to the old letter and see if that works.

go to your configuration screen and then go to programs. See if the game is installed if it is installed.

If that does not work it has nothing to do woth your registery. A lot of games can play just fine without a registery entry.

If so try changing the disk letter back to the old letter and see if that works.

Actually you are right! if the game is still installed you should really uninstall it before installing again. or you gonna have a really bad time...

Actually you are right! if the game is still installed you should really uninstall it before installing again. or you gonna have a really bad time...

True, but it is still strange tough.

Must games don't really need a registery entry.

for example, i can take fate/stay night from my pc copy the folder wich holds all the data to a usb stick.

Stick it in my laptop and it will work just fine.

now this does not work for all games but it does for the majority.

Not to long ago i needed to restructure my folder with vn and doing that meant moving them quite a few games broke because of it.

But i don't believe grisaija was among them.

Ow well it is still a good idea just to make sure.

And by formatting you mean the kind of formatting where you delete all data on one disk.

In this case your windows disk right.

( just to make sure we are on the same wavelengt)

for example, i can take fate/stay night from my pc copy the folder wich holds all the data to a usb stick.

Not to long ago i needed to restructure my folder with vn and doing that meant moving them quite a few games broke because of it.

And by formatting you mean the kind of formatting where you delete all data on one disk.

I'm pretty sure most of them do have, even if the need is a little ambiguous..

Thou might be embarrassing to admit but I don't really believe in it working either, he asked for the Reg Keys and I was curios if it would work so I have it to him. Kinda interesting now :D

I just realized something.

I may be making a fool of myself here but.

After reinstalling windows, did you set your system locale back to japanese? (forgetting that is quite possible, I know i did when i got my new pc)

I don't think a wrong system locale would make the error message be a corrupt installation, but we can never know.

I know that's why I didn't say that your approach is wrong because it isn't.

kind of off topic but, have you ever played a bethesda game?

because you will learn that approach if you do.

Mod trouble shooting can be a real ''bitch'' and needs a lot of patience.

But i did get a lot out of it, my pc basically never really breaks of software issues anymore and i make sure to keep everything sorted so i can easily find it back.

So i look back fondly on that time in the end.

And it teached me to tackle such problems as systematicaaly as i can, and not to lose my paitience.

But i did get a lot out of it, my pc basically never really breaks of software issues anymore and i make sure to keep everything sorted so i can easily find it back.

And it teached me to tackle such problems as systematicaaly as i can, and not to lose my paitience.

On the PC TES V: Skyrim LE.

Now let's stop the off topic and wait for the OPs feedback.

On the PC TES V: Skyrim LE.

Now let's stop the off topic and wait for the OPs feedback.

No need to cock-block the guy  ^_^ I'm sure the OP doesn't mind..

Handling skyrim taught me a lot about why games crash and what can be done about it too. Thou I never achieved a crash less state with 30 or more mods installed at the same time. can't remember Oblivion or Fallout 3/NV been so crashy..

Let me know if it worked

Sadly, I'm not that good with the registry.

My config screen seems to be missing a "programs".

I took it back to it's original place. (C:\VNs\Grisaia no Kajitsu\frontwing\グリザイアの果実)

Some of my games (not eroge) won't start and it has something to do with the registry (.dlls too) or something, so that's why I thought maybe Grisaia has something in the registry too.

If you want to ask me too, yes.

I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas too.

okay here i go with a detailed step by step guide. (not that good with explaining stuff tough) (and it's a bit for dummies but that is just to make sure)

Also i am assuming you don't run windows 8 but 7. (Windows 8 is a bitch and i won't touch it with a 10 foot pole)

I may be off in my translation because my windows is in dutch.

- first make sure your system is in japanese

- to do this:

-Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

-Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs, click Change system locale. 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

- click on okay and restart your computer.

-Next we will want to find out if windows has grisaija installed. (MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE FILE!!!!)

- now before we uninstall the game, try to boot it up one more time by going to the install folder and clicking on the exe (grisia.exe not bootmenu.exe)

- this is to eliminate the chance of a faulty shortcut.

- if you are lucky it will boot up just fine and it will just be a case of making a new shortcut.

- once again go to your control pannel (configuration screen)

-  go to programs and features ( i think) in dutch it is (programma's en onderdelen)

- See if you can find the game

- if you can't find the game go to your game folder and delete the game.

- if you can find the game, uninstall it and go to the folder where the game folder is and check if any files are left behind.

- if any files are left behind delete them.

- reinstall the game.

- now you will want to check if it works so boot the game up without installing the patch.

- if it boots up good, install the patch and check again if it boots up.

- if it boots up with the patch, dump your backup save in the save folder and boot up again.

- if it does not boot up the first time, we are going to need more information to help you.

- namely what windows are you on, a screenshot of the error message and the file path.

- if it does not boot up after you installed the patch, there is most likely something wrong with the patch or you did not follow the instructions correctly.

- If you are sure you followed the instructions correctly, try to find a different download of the patch. (does not need to be a different version just from a different location)

- Reinstall the game and make shure it works before you apply the newly downloaded patch.

-  If it works good if it still does not work, i will be out of idea's

- if it still works after you applied the patch.

- dump your save file in the save folder.

- if it boots up good, you have a fully working game again

- if it crashes and burns, you are screwed and have a corrupted save file.

- if that is the case delete all save files and see if you can find new save files from somewhere else.

Hope this helps.