Hataraku Mao-sama from the anime to the manga

AMMSY

Hello.

I've finished watching the 13 episodes of the anime Hataraku Mao-sama (Wikipedia), and I kinda want to know what happens next. Hopefully there are people here who read the manga becuase it would be awesome if you could help me out with some questions I have:

1. If I want to continue from the where the anime dropped off, what volume/chapter should I pick up to read?

2. Is there any website  you will recommended for reading the manga in a translated form?

3. What is the difference between the manga and the anime? content-wise, if I do pick the manga where the anime dropped off, will I miss a lot of content the manga covered and the anime didn't?

Thanks! :)

Hi

The anime was adapted from a Light Novel. The Light Novel is currently being translated by Baka Tsuki. They just started it. 

You can follow the translation project here

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Hataraku_Maou-sama!

They also have other translations. Currently the one I'm reading is Oda Nobuna no Yabou.

*edit: fixed the link

The both anime and manga was based of a light novel. Normally when a manga is based off a light novel they are translated or drawn very slowly, meaning that the anime is actually ahead of the manga. This has happened for many animes and manga for example Highschool DxD is the anime is up to the 3rd season but the manga is only up to the start of the 2nd season. I believe the translation of Hataraku maou-sama light novels has just started and you might need to wait a while before the light novel is translated up to while the anime is.

so to answer your questions:

1) The manga is not up to the anime yet.

2) If you wish to read it then I normally recommond mangatank because you can load all the pages at once making it easier to read and load.

3) The manga is not that different from the anime if I can recall there were only a few small differences that I remember. However if you are talking about the Light novel then there is nomally a hugh difference in content as the Light novel would try to explains things clearly that in anime the creators won't have enought time to include, However I have not yet read Hataraku Maou-sama so this might not be true, maybe someone else can answer this. But I would recommend that if you do read the light novel that you start from the beginning.

If you go to Baka-Updates Manga

http://www.mangaupdates.com/

and search for the manga, it will tell you the start and finish chapters for the corresponding anime, which I have found really helpful multiple times (say, like with Hourou Musuko, which starts and ends in the middle of the manga).

Most manga websites are similar, just find one who's UI you happen to enjoy.

I havent read the manga for that anime (was pretty great anime though), so I can't help with number 3

how sad... it really feels like the anime stopped with nothing resolved T.T

thanks!

Yeah Light novels tend to be very long as it hard for it to be put into an anime. At least there are 11 volumes so far so a 2nd season is possible if they decide to make a season 2. You can always wait for the light novel to be translated if your desperate to know what happens next.

how sad... it really feels like the anime stopped with nothing resolved T.T

thanks!

Somehow after watching the anime ages ago,I seriously thought the plot was never their main interest at all.It's suppose to be a one shot god-like comedy anime.In other word:

The plot = filler

Jokes = Main point

On topic.

3)I heard from other reviewers that they(publisher) cover most of the LN chapters,so I don't think you'll miss anything.