Put translation into the game

Hi all!

Me and a group of people are translating an otome game called Hetalia cancel a format made by Tomoyoshi. You can visit the Da group here http://cancel-a-format-fc.deviantart.com/

We've managed to hack the game to get all the files etc. The problem is to figure out how to repack the game again and put our translation into the game once we're done. 

The game is made with NScript with arc.nsa file that we hacked.

If any of you know how to do it and what tools we need then do tell :)

I might be able to insert some stuff for you, will check on that later. Haven't actually did anything with this engine for a long time. BUT there are 2 things to note:
First, the scripts for the VNs on this engine are not located in the file arc.nsa. After patching this VN to  ver 1.04 you might be found some 0.txt files inside this archive, but I think they were included by mistake and the engine itself doesn't reads them. I believe version 1.00 didn't had these .txt files inside of the arc.nsa
Secondly, this engine does not supports single-byte English (or any) characters. Don't remember how bad it is but there can be 3 possible outcomes:
- it won't work at all and you give up on the idea
- it  works  but  the  text  looks  like  this
- you port this VN to different version of this engine

Anything of what I said above might be wrong. My memory sux.

That would be great!! feel free to download the game here so you can check out the files http://wanvn.blogspot.se/2012/10/vncancel-format-download-link-cancel.html,

when we hacked the game we got the script and dialogue in txt notepad files. I'm one of the editors and work with notepad++ to edit the script with the english translation. so it's either that the text will look like what you said or it won't work at all? :S Isn't there anything else we can do? I heard about ONScripter that supports other languages but I don't exacly understand how it works.

That would be great!! feel free to download the game here so you can check out the files http://wanvn.blogspot.se/2012/10/vncancel-format-download-link-cancel.html,

when we hacked the game we got the script and dialogue in txt notepad files. so it's either that the text will look like what you said or it won't work at all? :S Isn't there anything else we can do? I heard about ONScripter that supports other languages but I don't exacly understand how it works.

I have this VN, but thanks.

As I said these .txt files you got are useless for the game. Authors of this game included these files by mistake while they was making a 1.04 patch. They might be exactly the same as the actual scripts, but might be not. The actual scripts are in encrypted(or compressed?) file nscript.dat

Yes ONScripter is probably the way to go. Not sure. In any case, if you want a simple answer to your original question - there is no such tool you can use to make your translation work. It'll require quite a bit of work to make it work (too much "work" in a few sentences? :DD)

Edit: though making it work with a crappy text might be an option, yes. Also I don't remember about wordwrap. Most likely there is no way to do it  too. So:

your text probably will be tr

anslated to the next line lik

e this

Just don't quote me on that. All I said was a guess by the most part. For example these .txt files you got might as well be working and override the scripts in nscript.dat. However patch 1.04 also updates nscript.dat. In any case, they wasn't supposed to put scripts in arc.nsa. Still worth checking. Like what is actually working and which scripts actually newer.
By the way, I find it strange that arc.nsa originally was 456MB but becomes 351MB after their 1.04 patch. Did they cut something? Oo

I see, I still ask if she can hack the other file :)

Hm..maybe there is a readme file where Tomoyoshi explains some changes. It is in japanese though.

Well, I tried it on the version 1.00 (too lazy to figure out what the heck they did with their patch)

Try to decipher this image and see what problems it has. Your translation probably will be like this( ´∀`)

Question marks are needed cause lines cannot start with 1byte character or it crashes.

2014-06-25%2015_50_58.png

wow how did you?! :o is this easy for you to just dump text like that? btw I found this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13209 it can help us in any way?

BTW I tried ONScripter. Unfortunately it appears that this game uses some stuff that is not yet supported in ONScripter (and probably never will be as there is no development anymore) [Edit: at least it says so in the execution log]

In other words if you are to port it to ONscripter, it won't look/work exactly like the original. Also in my poor attempt I couldn't display any English characters at all. It thinks they are commands. But that's because I probably missed something.

And no applocale can't help here in any way. More to that, please never use it for anything. Just don't.

Edit: Not sure what do you mean by "dump the text". I just replaced 1st two lines with some random talk.

Anyway, I don't think I have a motivation to do something with this. I just looked into it cause I'd better verify all I said in my 1st post. Looks like I wasn't horribly wrong.