a issue of mine

Gusida

hi, iv been skimming through this website and looking for new vns to play and like always there is a big selection. but something i noticed was that there are tons of vns, allot of them ones iv sought to play for a very long time that is just dropped and qualified as "dead". im sure that more of us here has noticed, and that more of us is getting frustrated because of this. the main reason that i post this is, that more than 70% of the ones i saw was dropped dead where almost fully translated. for example the majikoi game. now, im not saying that its good to trashtalk the translators or their teams. but, and this is a big but. (pun not intended) why is'nt the teams that has declared these game translations as "dead" release their work to ppl who have the time and will to finish the games so we can enjoy them the way they where entended. 

I do want to appolegize if i may have offended someone but i do wish that ppl have taken this to their hearts cuss al of us do want to read/play vns and enjoy them to their full potential, to feel the emotions that the games contain. 

and now yes i do know that they are translating etc, for free. and that they have no obligation to complete the games but still, i know that more of us do react to this and want to know why they cant release it so others may finnish it. 

And if others have any objection or anything to add just keep this conversation going ^^ 

I think I heard they are still working on Majikoi and the rest of the purple-haired girl (forgot her name) is being translated and will be released in July 2014 probably.

Well I don't really have anything more to say, you might find it frustrating and all .... but that's what free projects are!

Free projects can end as suddenly as they have started ..... that's why teams can stop translating a VN for a while ... but I think that as long as they release a partial patch to where they stopped working , it is fine and all since that way we will be able to play it and other teams might try to continue what these teams did. 

But some teams tend to say "we will work on it, don't worry" and keep the game with them while the translation isn't going anywhere, I sometimes hate that a lot XD

If people feel like continuing the project, they should ask the previous translation team if they can use and continue the work they started.

However it's not the case.

Don't blame TL teams for starting something for you but not being able to deliver.

They don't owe you anything.

If someone wants to pick the project up I'm sure these teams would gladly accept since they don't work on them anymore.

But don't blame people for something they do for free and for others.

If they stop, they have their own reason. If you want the TL to be finished, feel free to go and translate the rest.

the translators are fans of the game and they want to share it with everyone thats why they translate it,and maybe after a while they just can't put up with it i mean it's a lot of work and hours wasted from their lives and they just can't take it anymore that's probably why you see a lot of VNs getting dropped :( and finally you don't know what's going on with their lives so if they drop the project i'm sure that they have reasons to do so

It is sad, but it is also truth. A friend of mine was on a TL team, and the team had high school exams to complete. The TL was postponed, and then his mother died in an accident. He quit the team, and it fell apart without him. That's just how things go with the translations. Some are lucky, others aren't.