Kagerou Project Summary/Metaphors/Theories [Heavy Spoilers]

OriginalRen

What a nice post. I read all of it and it really helps explaining some events, particularly Kuroha which always bugged me as well as the timelines.

However i have one question remaining.
You didn't adress Lost Time Memory where Shintarou meets Ayano and gains an eye ability.

I believe this is very crucial in the story and i'm still slightly confused on how it works but my guess is her eye ability when passed onto him allowed him to prevent his suicide as well as help the Dan achieve victory. Or on the other hand, some external factor stopped his suicide and as a consequence he was able to meet Ayano.
Or at least something along these lines.

Another factor I think should be addressed is the amount of worlds/timelines

I believe there's more than 2, in fact I believe there's quite a lot.

Marry is the one who turns back in time after Kuroha kills everyone, she also retains her memories from it.

And I believe she has been doing this for a while now.

I believe the structure of timelines in the KagePro universe work is similar to the ones in Steins;Gate.

There is a convergence field that "attracts" timelines and makes them all group together in one singular event.

Let me try to explain it in Leyman's terms.

First I want you to consider the names of the routes. Route XX

What is X? X can be considered a variable, much like in math. Meaning X can have different values. 

Now why is this important? This supports the theory that Route X is actually several routes where Kuroha kills everyone, except the events leading to that ending differ from one another, meaning they are different timelines but at the sime time they converge to the same ending. And that is what I mean by convergence field.

So route X can be considered as several amounts of timelines that "end" where Kuroha kills everyone (end in quotation marks because time itself doesn't end, it keeps going, we just don't see what happens after). And Marry has been turning back in time to try and save everyone again, and despite the difference in the events , the convergence still appears.

Proof of this is in the song Outter Science as well as Marry's Fictional world.

At the end of Outer Science, Kuroha says:

"The next to come at the next day and the next and the next and the next, I'll still sneer"
(I took some of the nexts he says because he repeats it several timmes, again reinforcing the idea that he's aware of all the times this has happened)

meaning he is aware that no matter how many times she repeats the timeline, it will all end in the same manner

And in Marry's Fictional World Marry explains that she doesn't care about turning back time many times as long as she can spend time together with everyone once more. Hoping that at some point the events will change.

And what I believe is happening is  Marry is unable to leap from one convergence field (Route XX) to another one (Route 1). And this is why I believe that Lost Time Memory is so important. Shintarou is the key to leaping to the true end route.

What's your opinion on this theory?

Regardless, Great post. I loved reading it and it made me happy that some theories were similar to mine~

What a nice post. I read all of it and it really helps explaining some events, particularly Kuroha which always bugged me as well as the timelines.

However i have one question remaining.
You didn't adress Lost Time Memory where Shintarou meets Ayano and gains an eye ability.

I believe this is very crucial in the story and i'm still slightly confused on how it works but my guess is her eye ability when passed onto him allowed him to prevent his suicide as well as help the Dan achieve victory. Or on the other hand, some external factor stopped his suicide and as a consequence he was able to meet Ayano.
Or at least something along these lines.

Another factor I think should be addressed is the amount of worlds/timelines

I believe there's more than 2, in fact I believe there's quite a lot.

Marry is the one who turns back in time after Kuroha kills everyone, she also retains her memories from it.

And I believe she has been doing this for a while now.

I believe the structure of timelines in the KagePro universe work is similar to the ones in Steins;Gate.

There is an convergence field that "attracts" timelines and makes them all group together in one singular event.

Let me try to explain it in Leyman's terms.

First I want you to consider the names of the routes. Route XX

What is X? X can be considered a variable, much like in math. Meaning X can have different values. 

Now why is this important? This supports the theory that Route X is actually several routes where Kuroha kills everyone, except the events leading to that ending differ from one another, meaning they are different timelines but at the sime time they converge to the same ending. And that is what I mean by convergence field.

So route X can be considered as several amounts of timelines that "end" where Kuroha kills everyone (end in quotation marks because time itself doesn't end, it keeps going, we just don't see what happens after). And Marry has been turning back in time to try and save everyone again, and despite the difference in the events , the convergence still appears.

Proof of this is in the song Outter Science as well as Marry's Fictional world.

At the end of Outer Science, Kuroha says:

"The next to come at the next day and the next and the next and the next, I'll still sneer"
(I took some of the nexts he says because he repeats it several timmes, again reinforcing the idea that he's aware of all the times this has happened)

meaning he is aware that no matter how many times she repeats the timeline, it will all end in the same manner

And in Marry's Fictional World Marry explains that she doesn't care about turning back time many times as long as she can spend time together with everyone once more. Hoping that at some point the events will change.

And what I believe is happening is  Marry is unable to leap from one convergence field (Route XX) to another one (Route 1). And this is why I believe that Lost Time Memory is so important. Shintarou is the key to leaping to the true end route.

What's your opinion on this theory?

Regardless, Great post. I loved reading it and it made me happy that some theories were similar to mine~

Now why when I read your theories I remembered Haruhi Suzumiya?

Good theories,thanks for all the info.

I think after the latest Mekakucity Episode most things have become pretty clear.

Shintarou was able to recall everything after gaining the ability to see the several timelines and this allowed him to prevent the events in Route XX.

Not sure what the method of recalling the memories was, it seems that Marry was in on it, it was slightly confusing how they presented it so I'm not going to try and theorize it just yet.

Ayano commited suicide to not allow the master snake to collect all the snakes in the real world.

That is the true reason she went alone.

The master snake wanted to create a new medusa (?) in the real world from all the snakes so he could basically have a physical body fully powered to, well, destroy everything I guess? 

Since his plans were ruined the master snake posessed Konoha in order to get Marry's ability to reset the world so he can try and get all the snakes again and in the process he kills everyone because he's evil probably.

At least this is my personal theory, in a very summarized way.

It's interesting how most of it pretty much matches these theories you posted.

I really like Mekakucity Actors, it explains so many things. To me it is a great adaptation of the KagePro story.

The snake is one of the most widely spread symbols in all cultures and has a vast range of symbolism.

A common symbolism for snakes is fertility and rebirth because of the skin shedding ability snakes posess. But I don't think this one fits the most.

I believe the most fitting one for snakes is Poison/Medicine

A snake's venom can both be used to kill as well as cure and this is a fact known since ancient times and I believe this is very fitting as the abilities the characters gain can be used for both good and evil and the snakes that enter their bodies can either be the person's poison or the person's cure depending on their actions.  The ability at the same time can also fully control the person , rendering them empty shells (poison) or they can control that ability to their will ("cure")

Snake in christianity is also representative of Lust if I recall correctly? But I don't  think this fits.

Just a metaphor I came up with at least.