Does anyone like Gosick?

I quite liked Gosick up until the end of the Alchemist sidestory, but after that I feel it really went downhill fast. The historical fiction overarcing plot simply wasn't interesting in my opinion, and the ending was very predictable and unrewarding.

The aesthetic and setting of the series was extremely cool, though.

Basically this.

I wouldn't hope for a sequel with just one volume.

Want an example why? Suzumiya Haruhi.

Is Gosick RED that short or is it still publishing? 

@ Jiharo: Yeah, let's hope. I'd be pumped if it happened.

Is Gosick RED that short or is it still publishing? 

Gosick RED is on going I believe.

But 1 novel is not enough to earn an anime.

When I put Suzumiya Haruhi as an example it's because Suzumiya Haruhi is probably the most popular KyoAni anime as well as one of the most popular of its time that was incredibly hyped and is still supposedly on going though the author hasn't written anything in forever.

It has 1 novel that continues where the anime left off and despite the huge hype surrounding the anime it never got an adaptation and so we're left with an unfinished Haruhi Suzumiya.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible for Gosick to get a sequel. But definitely not with just one novel, it needs to have more material.

Anime is made to make the source material more popular, they wouldn't want to make an anime for just one single novel and then have their sales plumeth after that.

Gosick RED is on going I believe.

But 1 novel is not enough to earn an anime.

When I put Suzumiya Haruhi as an example it's because Suzumiya Haruhi is probably the most popular KyoAni anime as well as one of the most popular of its time that was incredibly hyped and is still supposedly on going though the author hasn't written anything in forever.

It has 1 novel that continues where the anime left off and despite the huge hype surrounding the anime it never got an adaptation and so we're left with an unfinished Haruhi Suzumiya.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible for Gosick to get a sequel. But definitely not with just one novel, it needs to have more material.

Anime is made to make the source material more popular, they wouldn't want to make an anime for just one single novel and then have their sales plumeth after that.

Yeah, I know that. Well, Gosick can continue to produce material then maybe get released in years to come? I'd be happy even if it got released in five years which isn't out of the realm of possibility. Though, I have my doubts it will looking at sales.

You'll have to pray that the author really wants to write more chapters.

Me and Niko Yazawa both staring at the computer screen for news on a Gosick sequel:

"Niko Yazawa" when sequel is confirmed"

6953c321f93ecb4c75383914a340e086.gif