Does anyone like Gosick?

Hey Fuwa. Gosick is a semi popular 2011 anime that seems to really not have any hardcore supporters. I for one find this sad because I must admit that I truly loved this piece of work and have it in my top five favorites of all time.

So, anyone here like it or considering watching it?

I've watched Gosick and while I do admit it was very well constructed and had a nice story and character development, the genre it fit in wasn't really my thing.

Probably the detective aspect and the kind of mid century setting is what didn't sit well with me. It's just not my type of show, hence why I'm not a hardcore fan of it. But for those who are I'm sure they'll love it.

Victorique is really cute though.

It is indeed a very good show, I'm not a hardcore fan of it but it's not like it was a bad experience watching it.

It is in my plan to watch list true as soon this season will be ending I will be watching all of the Anime that had come out in it and there are some other Anime in my plan to watch list that I plan to watch before so I probably won't watch it in next 2 mounts.

I've watched Gosick and while I do admit it was very well constructed and had a nice story and character development, the genre it fit in wasn't really my thing.

Probably the detective aspect and the kind of mid century look is what didn't sit well with me. It's just not my type of show, hence why I'm not a hardcore fan of it. But for those who are I'm sure they'll love it.

Victorique is really cute though.

But it is indeed a very good show, I'm not a hardcore fan of it but it's not like it was a bad experience watching it.

I've seen numerous people say they dislike the mid-century look and I can understand why. Weirdly enough it isn't my thing either, but I felt it really fit the show and made it overall a better experience. I feel if Gosick took place in a modern city it'd lose some of its effect.

Yeah, Victorique is very kawaii.

@ Okami: Good to hear you have it on your list at least. Its a really fine watch.

I really love mystery and the setting was lovely, I really like that type of thing. For some I just disliked the show, though- Don't really remember why, since it was some years ago.

Maybe you disliked the overall story? If you loved the setting then that's all I can think of.

No way can Victorique be the issue. At least, I hope.

I've seen numerous people say they dislike the mid-century look and I can understand why. Weirdly enough it isn't my thing either, but I felt it really fit the show and made it overall a better experience. I feel if Gosick took place in a modern city it'd lose some of its effect.

I'm not saying the setting was poorly used.

On the contrary I believe everything fit well together. It's just not my thing.

It was kind of weird because I could see the show was well pieced together and everything was good but I didn't feel that rush you get when you're really enjoying an anime. I guess it's just on a personal tastes level really.

Now that I look back on it I generally don't watch a lot of anime with a setting that's sort of mid century and earlier.

Not to say it has to be a generic school setting for me to enjoy, but I enjoy more modern settings (sci-fi settings included). But honestly it wasn't the setting that had the biggest factor but the detective thing. It's just not my cup of tea :P

One of my all time favorite settings is the one in Shinsekai Yori which mixes really advanced technology (It's set in the year 3013) with a more archaic lifestyle. It just gives off a really weird and fresh vibe to the whole thing in my opinion. It was just amazing to watch that anime.

But yeah Gosick had 2 things I'm not into which is Detective formula shows (Crime > Find clues > Epiphany > Crime solved) and mid century settings.

The only time I enjoy what are seemingly more archaic times is when it has supernatural or sci-fi elements to it to sort of spice it up.

Maybe you disliked the overall story? If you loved the setting then that's all I can think of.

No way can Victorique be the issue. At least, I hope.

Oh yeah, that girl! Pretty sure she was a big part of it. I can't stand abusive people other than me.

Besides that, I'm a really big mystery fan. I've read over 300 mystery books so far, which is even slightly higher than the amount of VNs I played (just to put it in perspective, VNs are pretty much the only thing I do for entertainment nowdays. Well, that and fuwa)

The tricks and stuff used weren't anything new or innovative, so since I disliked the characters I just ended up disliking the whole thing. Still higher than most anime I watched in terms of entertainment value, but that's just because I'm a fan of the setting and genre.

Yeah, Victorique is very kawaii.

@ Okami: Good to hear you have it on your list at least. Its a really fine watch.

Count me here too. I like all other time settings from medieval to far future, but mid-country just isn't my thing, I also don't like detective shows. Normally I wouldn't even consider watching something that has both of thouse things, but many people say that it is pretty similar to Tasogare Otome x Amnesia witch is why I decided to give it a try as it is one of my top 5 of all time.

> Nosebleed: I don't think that Shinsekai Yori really has really advanced technology true, I also loved it and it is in my top 20 I definitely wouldn't describe it as Anime that has advanced technology in it.

And now that we started talking about our favorite time setting I guess I love mix of medieval and sci-fi the most, true they are pretty rare ones.

I would consider esper abilities and devices controlled by said abilities to be advanced technology.

And among the devices there's flying stuff so i think it's pretty advanced, not in the truest sense of the word that you're used to but it is advanced nonetheless.

It shows an advanced version of humanity 1 millennium from now but instead of having lots of flashy technology things are much more different and that's the touch i really liked about it, it's unexpected and it's original.

I quite liked Gosick up until the end of the Alchemist sidestory, but after that I feel it really went downhill fast. The historical fiction overarcing plot simply wasn't interesting in my opinion, and the ending was very predictable and unrewarding.

The aesthetic and setting of the series was extremely cool, though.

Hey Fuwa. Gosick is a semi popular 2011 anime that seems to really not have any hardcore supporters. I for one find this sad because I must admit that I truly loved this piece of work and have it in my top five favorites of all time.

So, anyone here like it or considering watching it?

wowowo, what do you say? 

obviously, I very like it.,
very deeply romantic story and the mystery :D 
a variety of ways to solve it, and even then it makes sense

Oh yeah, that girl! Pretty sure she was a big part of it. I can't stand abusive people other than me.

Besides that, I'm a really big mystery fan. I've read over 300 mystery books so far, which is even slightly higher than the amount of VNs I played (just to put it in perspective, VNs are pretty much the only thing I do for entertainment nowdays. Well, that and fuwa)

The tricks and stuff used weren't anything new or innovative, so since I disliked the characters I just ended up disliking the whole thing. Still higher than most anime I watched in terms of entertainment value, but that's just because I'm a fan of the setting and genre.

Ahh!

So you probably dislike tsundere characters?

Ahh!

So you probably dislike tsundere characters?

Yep, I really hate tsunderes. To the point where I've dropped VNs because a particular one was way too annoying, even though I only read VNs for the plot. Give me as many crazy yanderes, blind cult leaders, scheming bastards or whatever, I'll most likely enjoy them. I can't stand tsunderes, though.

I think when you start getting into anime and whatnot tsunderes are cute and then they just kind of start annoying you.

You either like a tsundere or you hate them. There's no in between. At least for me.

I used to love them, now i mostly dislike them too but some characters still generate a spark within me depending on their story.

I quite liked Gosick up until the end of the Alchemist sidestory, but after that I feel it really went downhill fast. The historical fiction overarcing plot simply wasn't interesting in my opinion, and the ending was very predictable and unrewarding.

The aesthetic and setting of the series was extremely cool, though.

I basically agree.  I liked it a lot at first, but in the 2nd half of the show I felt like it jumped the shark.

I like this anime, Victorique was cute and the story good enough to keep me watching. Plus, the mid-century look didn't bother me, wasn't incredible but still nice. The romance was also well developed, although the boy was kinda bland for me.

The story development and the mystery was pretty good, i mostly enjoyed the development between kujou and Victorique was great especially the end. i do agree that the end was rushed, but it was enough to give me a tear. overall i loved the show and wished there was more.