Help with Scripts...

Hi,First you forgot .jpg at the end of your link

Second

Can you tell us which game that is ? (Kirikiri with Dracu-Riot perhaps ?)

Maybe there are some specific tools which have to be used to open .ks.scn files.

.ks can be opened with Notepad++ but.scn seems to be a problem.

Yeah couldn't find anything, neither on the french or internationnal forums.

The game uses the KiriKiri2 engine, the same as Dracu-Riot.

Your best bet is to contact the dracu riot team "staircase subs".

Unfortunately the translation has been stalled for a while.

If I recall correctly, I heard of someone relaunching the project somewhere.

Try to look for threads regarding dracu-riot on the forum.

Good luck.

Yeah couldn't find anything, neither on the french or internationnal forums.

The game uses the KiriKiri2 engine, the same as Dracu-Riot.

Your best bet is to contact the dracu riot team "staircase subs".

Unfortunately the translation has been stalled for a while.

If I recall correctly, I heard of someone relaunching the project somewhere.

Try to look for threads regarding dracu-riot on the forum.

Good luck.

yep i did try contact staircase subs but no answer also guy who is relaunching project doing only youtube translation :(

You need to work in japanese locale to be able to properly extract files and software needs to support japanese encoding. You also need a text/scripting editor which handles unicode/Shift-JIS strings. Notepad++ should work fine. I'm not sure about .scn, but it definately isn't a clean text format, it may be encrypted. A lot of work on vn translation deals with RCE (reverse code engineering). It's not something anyone can do, but almost everyone can learn it, at least to some degree.

There's a bunch of sites and online resources dealing with a variety of tools and different engines. http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/ is a preety comprehensible repository. There also was an extensive list of most japanese vn engines used to date, including the used file formats and various tidbits regarding on how they work, but I can't seem to find it on the net anymore.

You can also find some information and tools on tl-wiki.

Just like Dracu Riot, Amairo is running on KiriKiri. It's actually one of the easiest engines to work with and there's a whole bunch of different tool available.

*ks.scn files are used with the KiriKiri2 Engine, and they are encrypted. You need to decode them into .txt before you can read any of them.

I'm not a big fan of Insani, but have you tried their decryption codes? http://www.insani.org/tools/

well i did download all that tool but i am no idea how it works... do u have any idea ??? :)

If astro is talking about xp3tools, there is a guide here.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4887-data-extraction-thread/?hl=%2Bdata+%2Bextraction

Under .xp3 files.

But I highly doubt that will solve the problem or the .scn, but it may be worth trying

it didnt solve problem with .scn :) thanks anyway

i also try using kikiriki for extraction but always says this: http://i.imgur.com/XUIhJwN.jpg any idea why? 

You have to first type this :

cd C:\Games\Amairo Islenauts

Press enter

then type this

kirikiri.exe -i scn.xp3 -o C:\Games\Amairo Islenauts\Scripts

and enter

Try and add -e file.exe to the second one. I don't think that'll solve the problem though, kirkiri.exe found the exe correctly.

Source

You can also ask on the tlwiki IRC as they suggest.

sorry for being pain in the ass but now i get this: http://i.imgur.com/80zenAm.jpg?1

Are you sure kikiriki.exe is inside your Amairo folder? It needs to be in your game's root folder. If it's in your "Scripts" folder, navigate to cd C:\Games\Amairo Islenauts\Scripts

Also, I'm not sure if Amairo is locked by NoDVD, but you need the DVD mounted if it is. Check to see if you can run the game.

I honestly don't get what you are trying to do with kikiriki, however. Didn't you say that you already had the scripts extracted? KKRK is not going to decrypt the scripts for you.

Why wouldn't it ?

In some games using regular extractors only gives you other archives( FSN for example). So you have to use more specific ones that can do the entire job. Perhaps KRKR can decrypt the thing.

Haven't tested it cause I can't but it's worth giving a try at least.

Why wouldn't it ?

In some games using regular extractors only gives you other archives( FSN for example). So you have to use more specific ones that can do the entire job. Perhaps KRKR can decrypt the thing.

Haven't tested it cause I can't but it's worth giving a try at least.

Because Yuzusoft changes their encryption codes for every game, and KKRK isn't a decryption program in the first place.