The Most Disappointing VN Route?

DimDito

Makina's route in Grisaia.

Because i was promised the best route in the game...

So disapointed. So much...  nothing. But we got "revelations" about yuuji oooOOoooOOooh.

Seriously they could have put they entire trilogy in that route.

For me, I totally felt like Makina's route was a bad end either way you cut it.  I know the good end isn't technically a bad end; but, it sure felt like one to me.  Just, y'know, not as bad as the bad end.  So, it ended up being very disappointing for me.

Chihiro route, aka chap 3 in Ef - a fairy tale of the two. I honestly wanted to cut myself reading that route. It has horrible.

I hope I will never need to read a piece of shit vn like that ever again. Honestly the whole novel was like that. But Chihiro route was the worst. I disliked all ofthe characters and almost all of the plot twists and developments you saw a dozen of hours beforehand. I am still sad I didn't stop reading it early on, but I hoped it would be better. Totally failure by me.

I am quite pissed off as well right now, but never the less! I still did not enjoy the Ef* >_>

I honestly hope the company Minory goes bankrupt so it doesn't produse any more titles *sigh* (My hate is deep yes)

Buuuurrrrnnnnn!!!

pandun-hellfire-ii-firing.jpg

I thought Ef was alright. But I really hated the Mizuki chapter.

Let's forget the creepiness of a man in his late 20s romancing a middle schooler. The fact that she went back to him after the sexual assault scene was just mindblowing. Or that you're supposed to sympathize with someone who would choose that method. And honestly, I never really understood why they fell in love which made the age gap and sexual assault aspects seem even more awkward and bizarre. I had some issues with the Yuuko chapter too, though, which is a shame because I kind of liked her sarcastic personality. With the way it handled social issues, it kind of feels like the game was written by Republicans.

You know, in retrospect, I'm not sure I actually liked Ef much after all.

I thought Ef was alright. But I really hated the Mizuki chapter.

Let's forget the creepiness of a man in his late 20s romancing a middle schooler. The fact that she went back to him after the sexual assault scene was just mindblowing. Or that you're supposed to sympathize with someone who would choose that method. And honestly, I never really understood why they fell in love which made the age gap and sexual assault aspects seem even more awkward and bizarre. I had some issues with the Yuuko chapter too, though, which is a shame because I kind of liked her sarcastic personality. With the way it handled social issues, it kind of feels like the game was written by Republicans.

You know, in retrospect, I'm not sure I actually liked Ef much after all.

Not to mention how

the local "wise man" Yuu Himura helped Mizuki get to him even though Kuze pushed her away at first. And at the end a 15 year old girl seeks pregnancy from a dying dude. Isn't this whole thing just screaming "irresponsible"?

Take Yuuko route. I don't hate her or anything, but she has way too much pride for her own good. There are closed court cases where private and sensitive matters are handled, yet she went with the ridiculous "I just don't want to be alone anymore" thing. Seriously, what the hell?

Never got pregnant before living with Yuu, for some reason, despite "that" going on for two years, many times every night. Talk about convenient.

Then at the end of all that, she gets run over by a car and dies like your most average tragedy movie heroine. And it's the girl who insisted she's quite good at surviving. What's up with that writing?

Well, at the end of the day, I still love ef, since strong story, characters, music and especially visuals - the only game I've seen where even CGs have eye/mouth animation. And said CGs are countless, probably over 200. With a really good art style. For these reasons, 1st Miyako H-scene is the best one ever (though it seems many people hate her for some reason).

The CG count for the First Tale alone is in the quadruple digits, but that's counting slight variations. I don't know how many are in the Latter Tale. Still, even discounting variations, it's utterly absurd how many CGs there are in Ef, I'd make the completely uneducated guess that it's the most out of any VN ever. Such high production values for almost a pure romance title. Are Minori's recent titles still like that? All I know is that I really dislike the turn they've taken with their character design. (edit: over 1700 CGs in the first tale, counting variations. That's not even half of the game!)

The CG count for the First Tale alone is in the quadruple digits, but that's counting slight variations. I don't know how many are in the Latter Tale. Still, even discounting variations, it's utterly absurd how many CGs there are in Ef, I'd make the completely uneducated guess that it's the most out of any VN ever. Such high production values for almost a pure romance title. Are Minori's recent titles still like that? All I know is that I really dislike the turn they've taken with their character design. (edit: over 1700 CGs in the first tale, counting variations. That's not even half of the game!)

There's no way it beats Mahoyo, if you count all the slight variations in Mahoyo "CGs".