I/O Revision 2 Error (アプリケーション初期化エラーです)

Hei

When I try to run io_r2_en.exe, I receive the error "アプリケーション初期化エラーです"

This occurs even after following the directions in the troubleshoot section (after having run ioregadd.bat). My system locale is set to Japan.

Here's some additional info:

System locale set to Japan

Running Windows 8.1

Running this on a tablet (Dell Venue 8 Pro)

The error says: "Application initialization error."

I am guessing it has problems starting the exe, have try to set it to compabillity mode for xp or Win 7?

I've already tried compatibility modes for XP and Win 7, to no avail. Has anyone else gotten this to work on Win 8?

I don't know anyone else that's tried to run ayakashibito on a tablet. That said, you do have an x86 processor, the full OS, and stuffs, can't find any incompatibilities...

In my experience the error you're seeing is usually caused by something registry-related. You could try checking if the entries are saying the right thing and are in the right place with regedit for now... got dinner, bluh

I don't know anyone else that's tried to run ayakashibito on a tablet. That said, you do have an x86 processor, the full OS, and stuffs, can't find any incompatibilities...

In my experience the error you're seeing is usually caused by something registry-related. You could try checking if the entries are saying the right thing and are in the right place with regedit for now... got dinner, bluh

Thanks for the info - what should I be looking for in the registry/entries?

VNs actually seem to run great on the tablet for the most part - pretty amazing, considering that it only cost me $150 and comes with Microsoft Office for free, which you can resell for $70 or just use.

You're looking for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと which has a subfolder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと\System.

Also holy fucking shit can you seriously resell office because now I can feel something rise in my nethers...

You're looking for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと which has a subfolder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと\System.

Also holy fucking shit can you seriously resell office because now I can feel something rise in my nethers...

The tablet comes with an Office product key that's unused. If you buy something that comes with an Office product key, it's pretty easy to just sell it via eBay/Craigslist. Not certain if it's labeled for resale though :P.

I'll take a look to see if the registry stuff is located in the right place and post an update here.

Ok - I just checked and those registry entries aren't there. I'm assuming ioregadd.bat was supposed to add them? Is there any way to add them manually?

*edit*

I do, however have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\asgard and the two folders inside of there.

...I completely fucked up and gave you the registry entries for Ayakashibito instead of I/O

*Zakamutt commits sudoku*

*Zakamutt returns, his eyes filled with 9x9 grids*

Alright, so you found the actual entries on your own. If you open the batch file for I/O, you can actually see the intended values as well. Of particular interest is whether the path to your game folder is correct.

I don't really know what else could be the problem if there's nothign wrong with the entries. I guess you could try compatibility modes, but it's been confirmed to work in at least one windows 8.1 setup in testing.

8vrgR.png

This is how the keys look on my computer. I might have changed some values, but probably not a lot of them...

In general, for this kind of edge case it might just be better to install the vn from scratch using an ISO, mounting etc. It's possible the installer is able to check for compatibility issues and adapt to them.

...I completely fucked up and gave you the registry entries for Ayakashibito instead of I/O

*Zakamutt commits sudoku*

*Zakamutt returns, his eyes filled with 9x9 grids*

Alright, so you found the actual entries on your own. If you open the batch file for I/O, you can actually see the intended values as well. Of particular interest is whether the path to your game folder is correct.

I don't really know what else could be the problem if there's nothign wrong with the entries. I guess you could try compatibility modes, but it's been confirmed to work in at least one windows 8.1 setup in testing.

8vrgR.png

This is how the keys look on my computer. I might have changed some values, but probably not a lot of them...

In general, for this kind of edge case it might just be better to install the vn from scratch using an ISO, mounting etc. It's possible the installer is able to check for compatibility issues and adapt to them.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you (getting ready to move)! I checked the registry values and they match up exactly with yours. I suppose I could try installing it from scratch - I'll give that a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help so far!

Good luck, because otherwise I'm pretty much at my wits' end. Before installing, you should probably delete the regitstry entries for I/O (the asgard folder should do) to make sure they don't contaminate the results.

Admittedly if this fails it will prove that the error was not caused by prepatching, which would be somewhat of a personal victory

I have a different error with I/O. I installed it from the ISO and replaced the files with the English ones from lemnisca, but I'm getting this: 

rUmQPIU.png

I don't know Japanese so I don't even know how to go about looking up the solution to this.

• 5 months later...

You don't really need to, and I'd recommend you just leave them there. You won't lose speed or system stability or whatever.

If you're good enough to delete them, you should be good enough to find where they are at by looking at what's written in in the .bat file :P

That said, if you actually have a good reason to want to delete them I can help you.

Also note that you should probably have started a new topic, since your question isn't related to the one relevant to the topic.