Why did so many people dislike School Days?

Ohanaya

Well, things are getting kinda philosophical now but I'm interested in discussing that Topic further. ;) As far as I know it's not the captain's "duty" to wait for the last passenger to be rescued until he's allowed to board one of the boats. Anyways, if I was the captain, I wouldn't give a damn even if there was such a rule. Such behaviour would be perfectly human, after all, you wouldn't be willing to die because of one simple mistake, would you?

School days was alright, however it had lots of issues, the biggest being that Makoto was hands down the WORST protagonists EVER, another was I felt that Sekai and Kotonaha really weren't that great, they were both rather manipulative, I actually preferred Setsuna over all of the other girls. The Bad endings were ok, I suppose I think another huge issue was the way the choice system worked, that whole you have to make a choice in x amount of time was bullshit.

School days was alright, however it had lots of issues, the biggest being that Makoto was hands down the WORST protagonists EVER, another was I felt that Sekai and Kotonaha really weren't that great, they were both rather manipulative, I actually preferred Setsuna over all of the other girls. The Bad endings were ok, I suppose I think another huge issue was the way the choice system worked, that whole you have to make a choice in x amount of time was bullshit.

No wonder why i read 2 of the walkthrough still haven't achive the right ending.still the choice system doesn't make any sense!

• 9 years later...

SD as a visual novel was always one of the best sellers and most popular...

Until the anime was released.

The problem is that in a visual novel, Makoto is literally a character that the player chooses to be. Every good or bad action he does is literally a decision made by the audience, Well, all of Makoto's important choices were actually made by the player, not by him. But in the anime, Makoto was literally a lustful and irresponsible trash man, and the fact that important choices were made only by the player in the visual novel also caused hatred of the visual novel.

In one sentence, the School Days visual novel has been unfairly criticized for its poor anime plot.

I liked the VN because it was really my choice of the story and Makoto was a character that my choices affected. Like Makoto in this love triangle, I found myself confused and indecisive and had trouble choosing the right decision. But I hate to death the anime and Makoto's character and the others in it because no right decision is made by anyone in it.

Edited by khan009