Black Bullet - Episode 2

Kendjin

Firstly..... These topics WILL have spoilers, do not read until you have seen it.

I will put my first post in a spoiler in case, but do not expect spoiler tags for other posts

Well I have just finished watching the second episode, I am totally loving this, not just Enju, but most of the cast.

The smiling man is an amazing protag, his initiator is like a mini dual wielding samurai, its awesome. And yet, I am unsure how I feel about Rentarou, at the start of the episode, I thought him quite useless and was starting to dislike him, but once he "saves" that cursed child girl and will cover her medical costs, my feelings towards him increased.

Then... then the feels, It seems someone has let slip that Enju is a cursed child, causing her to leave school, leave Rentarou and go into hiding, the scenes after this, well I was almost in tears. I loved the part where he told the Elder that she means a lot more to him than an initiator, the small twist that she was in the dark, listening was a mixed emotion of feels and happiness.

I can't wait till next week, I hope Enju comes back to him

In terms of him being such a loser, I think he doesn't really want to hurt people, if he had came out, he would have had to take out those two cops, I was raging that he didn't jump out to save her though.

As for not helping at the start, he has a personality that doesn't want to get involved in things, also he really wants to keep it a secret Enju is a cursed child and wants her to have a normal life.

I think he is weak because the initiators are the true power, its a bit like the fate series. The servants have the fighting power.

Part of me feels the reason Enju didn't run back to him when he heard it, is because as much as she was happy about what he said, she is still hurt and unsure. Think about it, all her school friends, are gone now. She is still kind of child.

in OOC: She didn't go with him so she can show back up at an important moment no doubt.

I would say that's because Rentarou has been trained and I think the "bad guy" isn't a total bad guy, we can see that normal people hate the cursed children, I think he sees Rentarou might be willing to come over to his side and join him. Its safe to assume that he won't stay weak and useless as the series goes on. I fully expect him to become a bad ass.

Lets not forget, he isn't a crybaby MC, its just that if they are going the angle of he is actually an awesome badass, he has to start of as being a crap guy, its the rules of this anime type.

About him not killing a Gastrea in ep one. that's purely due it being a plot point to introduce what initiators do.

To tell you the truth I believe the masked man is actually a hero and took an interest in Kentarou because he dislikes the social structure of Tokyo (was it?) which is the reason the masked man wants to destroy Tokyo.

What I'm saying is basically the masked man wants to save the cursed lolis and took an interest in Kentarou because he also want to help them.

And so, after a lot of character development Kentarou will become a villain and try to destroy Tokyo but will be stopped and accomplish nothing. I believe this development is unlikely but it would be awesome to see a character full of morals become a villain to save the cursed lolis and failing horribly by being stopped the them, probably too dark for a shounen though.

And so, after a lot of character development Kentarou will become a villain and try to destroy Tokyo but will be stopped and accomplish nothing. I believe this development is unlikely but it would be awesome to see a character full of morals become a villain to save the cursed lolis and failing horribly by being stopped the them, probably too dark for a shounen though.