my thoughts about G-Senjou

hussien-11

what do you think of the ost in this game ?I can't get enough of listning to it! especially "Sayonara" and "Close your eyes II".

Don't even have to bring up any particular ones, this game has easily one of the best soundtracks on par with Rewrite, Hoshizora no Memoria and Aoishiro (subjectively, of course). There's just so much good stuff.

Just going to leave these here...

what about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V77PC5XzdY

the tears ... everytime this music start, my heart burns *_*

My favorite character is probably Maou. I have a tendency to like smart and manipulative characters.

But my favorite heroin is Haru, oh boy! She's one of a kind...

I think that Maou is really the best character in the whole game. he was very interesting, brilliant, and outsmarted every person in the game. he reminds me of Johan Liebert from Monster.

Usami Haru is the most unique heroin, but to be honest I felt that they could've developed her character better.

I guess it's the true ending. It was so touching when "Close Your Eyes" began to play and Kyousuke made his "sacrifice". Then you see all the girls visiting him, still believing, even after his effort to push everyone away.

But my heart cracked when the daughter appeared...

It has to be one of the best endings out there.

what I like about the ending is how it felt as a punishment for Haru, because darkness consumed her heart.

and yup, the ending was really touching :)

Don't even have to bring up any particular ones, this game has easily one of the best soundtracks on par with Rewrite, Hoshizora no Memoria and Aoishiro (subjectively, of course). There's just so much good stuff.

you are right! I was really surprised by the quality of the music, and many tracks are memorable.

I think that Maou is really the best character in the whole game. he was very interesting, brilliant, and outsmarted every person in the game. he reminds me of Johan Liebert from Monster.

Usami Haru is the most unique heroin, but to be honest I felt that they could've developed her character better.

Oh yes... Johan. I'm a HHUUUUUUUGE fan of Naoki Urasawa. I've read almost every manga he wrote. Monster is my second favorite manga by the way.

I agree that they could have developed Haru's BACKGROUND more, i agree on that. But in terms of personality, i've seen very few heroins so unique like her.

Oh yes... Johan. I'm a HHUUUUUUUGE fan of Naoki Urasawa. I've read almost every manga he wrote. Monster is my second favorite manga by the way.

Sure, he is really a great writer, I like his works very much

Maou reminds of Johan about how he play with your mind, and loose boy did a very good job with the writing of this game.

I agree that they could have developed Haru's BACKGROUND more, i agree on that. But in terms of personality, i've seen very few heroins so unique like her.

you said that you are playing Ever 17 right ? Tsugumi Komachi from that game is a fantastic character in my opinion, so unique like you described Haru, but better developed.

hmmmm, what about Tokita Yuki ? do any of you like her ? she's one of my favorite characters :) her story is really sad, and she is "charismatic", smart and calm.

you said that you are playing Ever 17 right ? Tsugumi Komachi from that game is a fantastic character in my opinion, so unique like you described Haru, but better developed.

hmmmm, what about Tokita Yuki ? do any of you like her ? she's one of my favorite characters :) her story is really sad, and she is "charismatic", smart and calm.

Oh yeah, Tsugumi, i'm actually in her route right now. I still don't know nothing about her or her past, but i find her very interesting. She's in a completely different level of tsun

Yuki is an amazing character. She reminds me of Asami Yamazaki a character from the movie Audition (little less psychotic tought ¬¬)

Like i said, i like the smart characters.

• 5 months later...

Finished G-Senjou no Maou recently and need a place to vent~!@

Well... technically I still have all the character routes left since I impatiently dove straight into true route but ... :ph34r: 

Anyways this was my first visual novel with the element "battle of wits" (I've mostly been reading "slice-of-life/group of friends" type stories) so this was a pretty refreshing change of pace.

While some of the antics the characters resorted to when outsmarting each other seemed a bit farfetch'ed at times, the story did a good job of reasonably explaining things;

I remember complaining to myself at how ridiculous it was for Tsubaki to get away from her little encounter with the police so easily during the kidnapping event, but as it turns out, that was EXACTLY how Maou escaped with the ransom 

:P

Or how the Hashimoto somehow managed to escape with Mizuha despite the school being completely surrounded by Kyousuke's yakuza... turns out, Yuki was the mastermind behind this hostage situation and Hashimoto bailed long before the "negotiations" occurred.

Idk just things that made me go "there's no way that can happen!@#" getting explained properly was a nice feeling.

This big question as to Maou's identity was something that kept me intrigued for a good while; I believe this was my thought process throughout the chapters:

Chapter 1: Who the heck is 'Maou' and what does he want.
Chapter 2: Wait, Maou = Kyousuke...??
Chapter 3: Maou = Kyousuke for sure.
Chapter 4: 100% guaranteed Maou is Kyousuke
Chapter 5: WHAT. THE. F---------

The revelation didn't bother me.
I can see why some would consider it to be cheap and/or Kyousuke's character is devalued from him no longer being this split-personality mastermind, 'Maou' though. But at the time I was more like "OHHH SNAP KYOUSUKE ISN'T MAOU!@!#" to think negatively.

And damn that scene leading up to it was super tense... Here we have Maou strangling the living daylights out of Haru, and she's calling out to Kyousuke so one would think she's trying to talk some sense into Maou.. but NOPE! Here comes Kyousuke running in and you finally realize that Maou and Kyousuke have different hair colors.

The epilogue was one of the most satisfying epilogues I've had the pleasure of reading.

I knew Maou wouldn't go down that easily. When Haru opened the door only to be greeted by Maou after the credits I swear I had the same

expression that she did! Kyousuke's self-sacrifice to kill Maou in Haru's place along with his forcibly shutting out those who cared for him so they wouldn't be tainted by his name was painful but damn admirable.

And lastly, of course, that 8 year timeskip where Kyousuke is finally released out of prison and Haru reunites with him, child in hand. I had a hunch (the writers tried to pull a fast one by making Kyousuke tell Haru to hook up with another guy (forgot his name), but to actually hear this girl calling him daddy was when I let the tears drop. The cycle of revenge is over;Kyousuke & Haru can finally live together as a family and put the past behind them. So damn touching!!!