My thoughts on Remember 11 (*SPOILERS*)

grim_tales1

I could actually go on and on about how much I disliked Remember 11, and Ever 17 is probably my favorite VN. 

Down summed it up pretty succinctly, in that the main problem is that there is no reason "why" the story happened. I mean, there are things that are very subtly (read: barely at all) implied, but it never tells you anything resembling a reason the story exists. 

I learned more about the game from reading someone else's take on the game than I ever learned from actually playing it. I feel like Remember 11 leaves you with less information than you had before playing the damn thing

I feel like it's one thing to leave a few dangling threads, and to expect your viewers to figure things out on their own, but it's another thing entirely to leave every thread hanging. I think the people theorizing about what happens in Remember 11 might as well write their own visual novel, because every theory they make is practically a whole new story that doesn't need Remember 11's existence to be valid.

I'm having a difficult time articulating what I'm trying to say here. It boils down to the fact that I think that the theories about the game's story have more story content in them then the actual game does. Like, there's so little explained in Remember 11 that any explanation given to me about the game might as well be about something else entirely, because all the theories are based on such insubstantial information.

I have no idea if I made my point effectively or not. Apologies for rambling if I failed to do so.

Actually there is a reason why it all happened but due to the story being incomplete they don't show it.

Actually there is a small hint in the very beginning of the game.

If you look at the infinity series chronology there are some more hints there too.

There is much more to Remember11 than just what is on the surface. It has a lot of deep layers to it even if the story is incomplete overall. It is disappointing that it's incomplete especially for those who love it so much.

• 3 months later...

Actually there is a reason why it all happened but due to the story being incomplete they don't show it.

Actually there is a small hint in the very beginning of the game.

If you look at the infinity series chronology there are some more hints there too.

There is much more to Remember11 than just what is on the surface. It has a lot of deep layers to it even if the story is incomplete overall. It is disappointing that it's incomplete especially for those who love it so much.

Where is the hint? Do you mean the flashback part with the young girl?