Visual Novel Multiplayer—Game Night

nice that google doc :)/> However doesn't take in consideration teamviewer and xsplit running at the same time, thats 100% cpu usage on my lynnfield i5 overclocked to 3.3 xD

xsplit has really bad encoder tbh, I think friends were able to get much better results with ffsplit where you can use mkv encoder which is much better for saving cpu xD

anyway I might as well scrap the idea altogether, VNs are too niche and there are imo better ways to attract people to play them, stream on the first sight seemed like a good idea but after some consideration I pretty much gave up on that idea and moved on xD

you just reminded the topic with your intro xD

Mmm true

lol, I'm still gonna do what I plan to do. (and if I do stream VN's I hope I get viewers from here maybe? lolol.. maybe not T_t) but yeah like I said, I plan to stream various things and hope people will get exposed to different types of games :D. that's all my plan was really (oh ok, with some other changes)

~_~

Mmm true

lol, I'm still gonna do what I plan to do. (and if I do stream VN's I hope I get viewers from here maybe? lolol.. maybe not T_t) but yeah like I said, I plan to stream various things and hope people will get exposed to different types of games biggrin.gif. that's all my plan was really (oh ok, with some other changes)

~_~

yeah, post that you will be streaming and we will surely come to look xD

Dang, it's amazing how busy life gets and how easily I forget things! The Fuwa-Stream!

Regarding a test-run: I say we just do it. Just do it. Throw up a VN, and see how it goes. So long as it's a weekend (and doesn't correspond with Sunday 8AM-1PM in the USA Denver time zone) I will be there. If we keep the test run short (1 hour), it'll be manageable and fun for all.

That said, we need to decide three things:

1) Who will stream? I'd be happy to -- I've got a powerful PC and a great upload speed (Average 6.9 Mbps) -- though I have never seen VNs streamed, and I'd probably do NO talking (just stream game audio) outside whatever chat channel we choose. Anybody have a burning desire? Anybody feel like a good narrator?

2) Where will we stream? I'll suggest Twitch.tv since it's fast, easy, and we have a fuwanovel channel already set up. Yes, that means we choose games with no H content, but with streaming that's generally the best policy, anyway.

3) Where will we chat? Fuwanovel's IRC?

Who wants to "just do it"? Give it a whirl? I do, and I posted my votes on those 3 issues above. I hope everybody interested in making this happen (and soon!) will do the same.

Dang, it's amazing how busy life gets and how easily I forget things! The Fuwa-Stream!

Regarding a test-run: I say we just do it. Just do it. Throw up a VN, and see how it goes. So long as it's a weekend (and doesn't correspond with Sunday 8AM-1PM in the USA Denver time zone) I will be there. If we keep the test run short (1 hour), it'll be manageable and fun for all.

That said, we need to decide three things:

1) Who will stream? I'd be happy to -- I've got a powerful PC and a great upload speed (Average 6.9 Mbps) -- though I have never seen VNs streamed, and I'd probably do NO talking (just stream game audio) outside whatever chat channel we choose. Anybody have a burning desire? Anybody feel like a good narrator?

2) Where will we stream? I'll suggest Twitch.tv since it's fast, easy, and we have a fuwanovel channel already set up. Yes, that means we choose games with no H content, but with streaming that's generally the best policy, anyway.

3) Where will we chat? Fuwanovel's IRC?

Who wants to "just do it"? Give it a whirl? I do, and I posted my votes on those 3 issues above. I hope everybody interested in making this happen (and soon!) will do the same.

the question I have about this though is _what_ are you guys going to talk about (or whomever is talking)

like what. how the game compares to other games? etc

the question I have about this though is _what_ are you guys going to talk about (or whomever is talking)

like what. how the game compares to other games? etc

My thoughts: I think only the person streaming is able to directly input sound into the feed. Therefore, they' probably limit themselves to only game-sounds. We'd have an IRC or teamspeak on the side where we could all chime in, tho. Voicing/commentary just seems... hard, especially if it's one-sided.

Other opinions?

My thoughts: I think only the person streaming is able to directly input sound into the feed. Therefore, they' probably limit themselves to only game-sounds. We'd have an IRC or teamspeak on the side where we could all chime in, tho. Voicing/commentary just seems... hard, especially if it's one-sided.

Other opinions?

the person streaming can just turn off the mic option in xsplit/whatever (mute) unless they want to talk ofc.

if you do IRC/teamspeak, the person streaming should have that window open so the stream viewers can see it... ofc (or it'll become kinda be one person playing, whatever)

I'm wondering the point of this stream - is it to bring [new] people to VN's, or is it supposed to bring [existing] people (or at least people from just fuwanovel) together in a stream to fool around

I'm wondering the point of this stream - is it to bring [new] people to VN's, or is it supposed to bring [existing] people (or at least people from just fuwanovel) together in a stream to fool around

Imo, the test-run is mostly for fun and troubleshooting. Streaming may be a great tool in the future, for sure, and it's always good to be practiced for any "real" event.

Imo, the test-run is mostly for fun and troubleshooting. Streaming may be a great tool in the future, for sure, and it's always good to be practiced for any "real" event.

I vote VNTalkShow or something

although I can't talk at all in it because I have almost to none experience with it \o/ (eventually/whatever)