If My Heart Had Wings crashes

Kafunanapa3

I recently downloaded and installed If My Heart Had Wings. Everything was fine, it started up nicely. About 5 minutes into reading it crashes with a fault that says 'ADV Player HD has stopped working'. I should also mention that I have installed it away from the directory, into a folder on my home screen. Plus I haven't patched it either.

Any help in the matter is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realise to mention the OS that I use, until it was kindly suggested to me.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and my computer is set to Japanese locale.

I recently downloaded and installed If My Heart Had Wings. Everything was fine, it started up nicely. About 5 minutes into reading it crashes with a fault that says 'ADV Player HD has stopped working'. I should also mention that I have installed it away from the directory, into a folder on my home screen. Plus I haven't patched it either.

Any help in the matter is freatly appreciated.

I used to have the same problem as well,either your pc doesn't support the game's spec or your directX outdated.

Silly question, but have you tried starting it up again? Maybe it was just a one-off kind of thing?

I've tried multiple times, with and without the patch. It crashes at the same place every time.

I used to have the same problem as well,either your pc doesn't support the game's spec or your directX outdated.

I hope not, my laptop is only 3 years old, and I regularly update it.

Okay, so it's almost definitely something to do with the video. Try installing the CCCP codec pack and see if it still crashes.

Also, is it ADV Player or AV Player? Because I can't find anything about ADV Player on Google.

Should I be able to find a link for the CCCP codec pack?

Yeah I've just checked again, it uses AdvHD.

Here it is http://www.cccp-project.net/

Edit:

If that doesn't work you'll have to wait for someone who is better versed in this than I am, I'm afraid.

If that happens, you should also post which OS you're running, that'll make it easier for everyone.

Cool, thanks for the help. I'll edit the post to reflect what you said. Again thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated :D

Okay, last attempt. It's a longshot, but this patch might fix it. On the other hand it might not work at all, because it might only work with the Japanese version. http://www.willplus-download.com/PULLTOP/oozora_patch.exe

Also which version of Windows are you using and have you switched to Japanese locale?

I'm running Windows 7 and I do have my laptop set to Japanese locale. I'll double check just to make sure though.

Edit: Just checked, my laptop is stills set to Japanese locale.

• 6 months later...