Tay

Tay

Hello, I'm Taylor (Tay)! Happy to be here.

I'm a pre-med student at the university of Utah and love reading visual novels in my spare time. I found visual novels through Katawa Shoujo, fell in love with them, and was forever converted by Fate/Stay Night. I love the idea of "slice of life"and how visual novels are really the only medium that does them well.

I'm not really into anime, but I'm giving it a fair shot this year (sword art online is totally doing it for me). Fate Zero is also really good.

I married my best friend, love my work at the hospital, and am applying to medical school this summer.

Lastly, Funwanovel is the future of Visual Novels in the west! I hope to play a role in the community!

Is that unusual? I haven't been around long enough to hear which VNs are "starters" as opposed to "advanced" (or whatever), but yeah, Katawa Shoujo blew me away, ripped my heart in two and showed me the light. I'm forever converted to the VN medium now : )

Hi Tay! Nice to meet you ^_^ I loooove Katawa Shoujo, it's nice to see another fan~ I think it's just a bit of a different route to come to vn because 1) it's a non-Japanese vn and 2) it seems a lot of people are put off by its premise!

Yay, Meru! I'm so happy to find another Katawa Shoujo fan. What was your first route in the game? Mine was Lilly, and wow... what a rollercoaster. I remember finishing the game and sitting in stunned, happy, blown-away silence for a few minutes, not really sure about what I'd just experienced. (Turns out, it was the glory of Visual Novels...) I get really excited talking about KS, so please ignore the plethora of exclamation points in this reply.

1) it's a non-Japanese vn and 2) it seems a lot of people are put off by its premise!

Da, that's true. I didn't know anything about VNs at the time, so I'd never encountered the Western-VN stigma that seems to exist. Also, I've only just started to learn Japanese, so I didn't know about the "Katawa" word scandal. As for the premise overall, it's unfortunately an easy attack. I think the only and best defense of the game, tho, is sitting down and playing it for a little while. So respectful, so well done, and so amazing!