Hello!!! VN Dev here :)

AsHLeX

Hihi everyone! I've been in the visual novel industry for a couple of years now, mostly releasing short visual novels here and there, but currently working on a rather ambitious project. It's mostly a side hobby that I do on top of my usual work so updates can be slow. Been really keen on this one though that I plan to release a demo for this Christmas! :) Nice to meet everyone :D

Side note: Christmas be making me go "OH NOM NOM" with all the tasty food like this character from my latest VN: 🤣

ABLVV87BUoFKll_N4e8BhLdp7N1Tp31_dxKNrjHp

Credit to Hunyo for the adorable chibis

Edited by AsHLeX
Credit for artwork

I've worked on a couple, but the main one that I'm currently focusing on at the moment is Cafe Mysteria, a butler cafe that focuses on player interaction. It's an experimental-type VN, where there is no pre-set protagonist and the player is the protagonist. A demo will be released in 2 days, so feel free to check it out!

Other works that I've previously released:

• Starlight Dreamers (2017)  - A dating / stat-raising sim that I put together mostly within 3 months during my university break
  • Mysterious Melody - A girl who is music-inclined but is forced into a local school against her will meets a mysterious school pianist who no one knows about. A VN that I put together because I wanted to join the music club in high school but due to time constraints I could not.
  • Town of Memories - A riddle VN where you wake up in a strange world with a creepy little girl as your guide. I finished it in less than a week.
  • Marked - A short kinetic novel of a girl, born of a prisoner of war. Made a KN after I won 1st runner up in my high school's writing competition.

I've also released a number of other small KNs that were put together within a day or so, but nothing too notable. Most of my pre-Cafe Mysteria works were significantly impacted by budget constraints, but now that I have a full time job and can afford to self-fund my project, I'm really keen for Cafe Mysteria haha.

Edit: I forgot to mention that all my previous works have been completely free. Cafe Mysteria will be paid upon full release but the demos are all free and I've been doing numerous giveaways for future free copies on full release.

Edited by AsHLeX
VN Price

4 hours ago, AsHLeX said:

Thank you!!! And you're right, I didn't think about it that way but I really have gone from Mystery (Mysterious Melody) to Otome (Starlight Dreamers), to a mixture of both :Chocola:

Are they your go-to genres when you pick up something to read?

1 hour ago, AsHLeX said:

P.S: These emojis are so cute that I may be over-using them hahahaha

Hey, as long as you're having fun with it right? 

:illyasmug:

Exactly haha. I really like post-apocalyptic stories as well like "What a beautiful..." series and Aloners (Aloners was what inspired Cafe mysteria in the first place haha, because I'd never played a non-preset protagonist before that actually let you decide their personality). Tokimeki Girls Side 3 tried to give some personality with the devil / angel traits but it felt pretty superficial compared to Aloners imo.