Fall 2023 Anime Discussion

Dreamysyu

I tried watching Frieren. And, whoa, that's surprisingly good! Pretty depressing, and I'm not sure I want to watch it every week instead of just binge-watching it at some point. I mean, I don't think I remember any other anime that made me cry in Episode 1.

I'd say that it seems like this could easily be the anime of the season, but some other shows seem like they could be excellent as well, so we'll see.

Edit. Pin this thread, please. I'm not sure if anyone cares about threads like this one anymore, but I think we should still pretend that this forum is not dead. :vanilla:

Edited by Dreamysyu

• 2 weeks later...

There's many interesting title with one of those is GL anime, namely I Chose Villainess. Also there's Freiren like the OP mention in which it tell us the melancholy of an elf who is left behind by her less long age of her companion, although the author like to use flashback in the writing. Other than that, there's Uma Musume 3 and Stardust Telepath in which the latter has surprising drama that I find out in the manga when I accompanied my parents do the vaccination in 2021. Oh yes, there's also 100 Girlfriends who really make me worry on how the author supposed to see the premise through the end, because no normal mangaka can think the characters for 100 love interests easily (Then again, it put more focus on the comedy so at least it should be good for it alone).

That said, ultimately as for what I want to watch I'll just settle for 16-bit Sensation in that it's very different from the manga, and also it's quite topical amongst VN fans because it feature several VNs that is quite well known (To name a few we have Hapymaher, Yuzusoft VNs, Kanon, and Rance IV). I also read the manga, although it's more technical with the author bring exposition on eroge development in 1990's. Also the author didn't write the MC like Keima, but instead the MC is very hyper girl Konoha who has very high standard when it come to her ideal eroge. By the way, other than 16-bit Sensation I also decided to watch Family Circumstances of the Imbalance Witch as well, and also Tearmoon Empire which has good premiere so far.

PS - I know there's also Adult Precure in which there's surprise appearance of PCSS with initially it only promote YPC5 casts, although as for that I decided to just wait to watch it later. Same goes with Stardust Telepath and I Chose Villainess, with the latter had quite surprising plot contrary to the simple premise with female MC reincarnated as shoujo manga otome game MC decided to be frank to her interest toward shoujo manga otome game villainess.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...