Kill The Night [Prologue + Day -1 Released]

hiera

“One leg was longer than the other. This part of the skin doesn't match the rest of the body — there is something written.. in the intestines.”

kHAfk69.png

Story

Following the untimely passing of his father, Sasaki Shin'ya and his mother moved to a countryside town called Hinoyama, where they now operate a café together.

Apart from his job, he has become withdrawn and no longer has any passion. What he seeks is a peaceful and uneventful day-to-day life.

Under the dark winter sky, on a day like any other multiple people were found dead inside an initially assumed single victim, in a park he passes by everyday.

On the same day, by the twist of an inevitable fate, he meets a woman he never should've met.

That same night, he died. 

Then he woke up40 years later.

Version 1.2.0 contains

• Prologue (Day 1 - Day 0 )
  • Partial Chapter 1 (Day -1)
  • 50, 000+ words, ~4 hours of reading

Screenshots

lmqt4mH.png

np0gxk7.png

dPcKzU4.png

d3qpUJD.jpg

le1cE54.jpg

Z8YKtd8.png

FwWllHs.png

Links

VNDB: https://vndb.org/v44219

Itch.io: https://hiera.itch.io/kill-the-night

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_hier

Progress

Prologue-

Day 1: 100%

Day 0: 100%

Chapter 1-

Day -1: 100%

Day -2: 20%

Day -3: 20%

Day -4: 0%

Day -5: 0%

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you're still reading, first of all, thank you for taking the time!

I'm Hiera and I handle the story, art (sprites/CG) as well as the programming. Every other asset I use are royalty free stuff (all individually credited.)

I've been working on KTN for the past year and developed everything surrounding it in that time. It went from a test project/short story to check out what Ren'py can do and it evolved into the longest project I've ever worked on (many such cases.)

As mentioned earlier, the vn is Day-based. Prologue contains Days 1 to -1 (not including -1. at the moment I'm writing -1, I make most of my updates on twitter if you're interested in that.) and Days belong to Chapters.

Nothing concrete but in my head there should be something like 5 Chapters, as well as 5 mini-story "Character Story" sections. The entirety of Chapter 1 I plan on releasing for free and everything else sold together, potentially, if a kickstarter campaign succeeds.

I'll be happy to answer any questions and receive any feedback or advice!

Edited by hiera
update

• hiera changed the title to Kill The Night [Prologue + Day -1 Released]