Storyboarding from the written drafts + Other advice

kokonokyuu

I am quite new here and this would mark my very first post here, Although, I've been kind of going back and forth on this site for a few years now. As the title suggests I wanted to know how you'd go about storyboarding based on the written drafts of a VN you're making?

You see, I am an artist working with a friend of mine as an author, and well because various things we've been in what I'd call pre-development hell. I figured I'd make a fun thing for my friend to hopefully get him back to writing again. I know it might not even work, but even if it's just that piece of work, I still would love to have my friend's vision and mine to be at least created. And for that, I was wondering how you'd go about storyboarding the scene? I have some background on some storyboarding work, although mainly from animation so I'm not quite sure if it'd be similar to how it is in a medium like VNs. So I'd greatly appreciate if you guys could give me some advice! And if you have other things you'd like to say as well, feel free to do so!

I'm no game dev (hopefully some day), but having had to write far more reports and essays for university than I'm happy with, one thing that I find super relevant, and adapting slightly to the story-writing view, is to know "where do I (the gamedev) want to get with the story?". Knowing how you want to end a project makes the possible paths far clearer, as well as not having to retcon things near completion.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...