[Released] Nakoruru - The Gift She Gave Me (Samurai Shodown Spin-off visual novel for the Sega Dreamcast)

SpaceHoliday

OcoSF1P.png

After nearly two years of work, I am absolutely elated to inform you that a team consisting of Derek Pascarella, Duralumin, Marshal Wong and LewisJFC have completed our English translation of Nakoruru: Ano Hito kara no Okurimono, a visual novel about the fan-favourite Samurai Shodown character Nakoruru for the Sega Dreamcast.

The game’s story is told from the perspective of seven-year-old Mikato, an orphan who is taken in by the people of the snowy Ainu village of Kamui Kotan. She is selected by the village's chief to serve as assistant to the shrine maiden Nakoruru, somebody the people of Kamui Kotan admire for her strength, dependability, and outward positivity. Mikato soon realises, however, that deep down, Nakoruru is harbouring an intense sorrow. What follows is a beautiful coming-of-age storyline that will pull at your heart strings as it deals with topics of friendship, loss and insecurity.

While Nakoruru is based in the world of Samurai Shodown, it can be played without any prior knowledge of the franchise, but if you are a Shodown fan, there are quite a few playful references to other characters in the franchise sprinkled throughout the game's script.

With this translation, Nakoruru becomes the first official visual novel on the Dreamcast to receive an English fan translation.

Download Patch (v1.0) (instructions for patching included in the README).

For those who don't own a Dreamcast, it is incredibly easy to set up an emulator on your computer and play Nakoruru on there. If you need assistance getting things to work, please don’t hesitate to ask.

wQkUV3T.png

GnCus8a.png

Wt5598C.png

czE4IKS.png

mGa68B2.png

Edited by SpaceHoliday

• SpaceHoliday changed the title to [Released] Nakoruru - The Gift She Gave Me (Samurai Shodown Spin-off visual novel for the Sega Dreamcast)

On 6/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, SpaceHoliday said:

OcoSF1P.png

After nearly two years of work, I am absolutely elated to inform you that a team consisting of Derek Pascarella, Duralumin, Marshal Wong and LewisJFC have completed our English translation of Nakoruru: Ano Hito kara no Okurimono, a visual novel about the fan-favourite Samurai Shodown character Nakoruru for the Sega Dreamcast.

The game’s story is told from the perspective of seven-year-old Mikato, an orphan who is taken in by the people of the snowy Ainu village of Kamui Kotan. She is selected by the village's chief to serve as assistant to the shrine maiden Nakoruru, somebody the people of Kamui Kotan admire for her strength, dependability, and outward positivity. Mikato soon realises, however, that deep down, Nakoruru is harbouring an intense sorrow. What follows is a beautiful coming-of-age storyline that will pull at your heart strings as it deals with topics of friendship, loss and insecurity.

While Nakoruru is based in the world of Samurai Shodown, it can be played without any prior knowledge of the franchise, but if you are a Shodown fan, there are quite a few playful references to other characters in the franchise sprinkled throughout the game's script.

With this translation, Nakoruru becomes the first official visual novel on the Dreamcast to receive an English fan translation.

Download Patch (v1.0) (instructions for patching included in the README).

For those who don't own a Dreamcast, it is incredibly easy to set up an emulator on your computer and play Nakoruru on there. If you need assistance getting things to work, please don’t hesitate to ask.

wQkUV3T.png

GnCus8a.png

Wt5598C.png

czE4IKS.png

mGa68B2.png

Thanks for sharing, I like it and I will surely try it out soon. I was looking for the Most Trusted and Accurate Essay Writing Service after reading this and came across this website https://nz.samedaypapers.com where I can read reviews and choose the best website for me. When I was searching for it online, I also found link to your post.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by KeishaCasey