Fate/Stay Night - error message stops game.

Zodai

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? Yes
Game Name:   Fate/Stay Night
Description of Problem:  Error message, pic below.  May be related to sound effects.
Your Operating System:  Windows 8
64 or 32 bit (link to how to find):  64
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc):  Nothing yet
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?:  Yes

VbmsBHs.jpg

So, I've been playing through F/SN for a while now, and eventually this thing showed up.  If you want specifics, it happened around the area where Shirou summons the new sword and starts fighting Beserker.

Skipping seems to fix that instance, however the issue appears again after a short while.  It appears that it might be a missing sound file (According to the se170 in the message)

Anyone have a possible issue?  Maybe a translation of the issue?  If it is a missing sound file like I have guessed, then how will I be able to obtain it?

the files might be set on read-only

It would be weird, as the game had been working fine up until that point.  That said, will test.

---

Apparently it's working now o_O

I'm wondering why it was just that specific file that didn't seem to be working, as everything had been working fine up until that point.  Will post again if it arises again.  That said, a translation of the error message might help if it arises again.

• 7 years later...

Im having the exact same problem with a different sound line, mine is SE419, and obviously im assuming its the sound file but mine are not set to read only and ive tried just about everything possible including getting different versions of VN's and swapping sound files and nothing seems to have helped so far so im not sure what the issue is, mine is right after the first fight with Berserker and Shirou goes to check on Saber the next morning when he awakes

Im back already, i figured it out and just incase anyone in the future might need a small tip i'll put  the solution here, i had seriously been pecking away at this issue for like 10 hours or so and i finally got it to work and out of everything i had tried, all i did was is i kept downloading other versions of fate from everywhere and kept swapping sound file after sound file and eventually it finally worked. all that work just to here a small thud when Shirou hits his head off a wall lol. Oh well, worth it. The sound file came from the "Fatestay night [Realta Nua] (English Patched) PC" version of Fate and it works so far, i'll see if i have any other issues