[Source: KiriKiriBasara] Chaos;Head NoAH Review - A Masterpiece Marred

HataVNI

Wow, sounds like a mess.  I can overlook some of these issues, but these are pretty critical:

All instances of spoken dialogue in this release lack visual indication that, well, they’re being spoken.

In the Japanese release, the skip function is helpful and works like a charm. But the English release has its own unique problem with it: for some reason, the function will at random—but not infrequent—intervals pause itself, requiring the player to press the button to re-engage it multiple times throughout the process.

I assume the game-breaking crash at the end will be fixed.  These issues probably won't be, as there's no way they weren't noticed during testing.  Not sure how they thought the game could be released with critical features broken or missing.

I wonder if the skip function breaking is related to edits made to text in one part of the script that weren't properly carried over to duplicate text in other parts (resulting in previously read text not being flagged as already read).  That would suggest either that their scripting code is spaghetti, or the edits were sloppy.  I've seen this happen with old saves in serially updated Patreon games, where script and save versions don't match.

Edited by sanahtlig