Until The End : Palliative care theme visual novel.

RedSorel

1662315793-headersteam.jpg

Hi everyone, first i want to apologize to all about my english, i'm not really fluent and my translator isn't available at the moment. 

Until The End has been release the 1st Septembrer 2022 on steam, it's a original game, everything is hand made (without musics, they are from a little french studio).

The strong point of the game is the unique theme. It's not only an hospital game, it's a palliative care one. 

1662315771-ab444a77deeb6ed4283d7bff3b3d2

Don't be afraid about it, you don't need to be a doctor or a nurse to play it, this kind of service is really "human relationship based on".

It's not a sad game too, even if you will have to face death, it's part of the job !

1662315776-f206851e706ba17f95ae1d90dd3fb

There are for the moment 4 differents ending, 2 bad, one neutral and a true ending, the game is a short one that you can one shot easily. 

It's all about feelings, that you will follow in english or in french for the moment. 

1662315765-cf3625196da249979ff121028b454

To finish, i would like to thank you for your time, reading me. I made it short, i have many things to say and will keep an eye on the topic. I can understand you, don't worry, i'm just not sure to be really accurate in my answer, but if needed, i will ask my translator who is an IRL close friend.

Have an nice day ! 

Edited by RedSorel

Always interested in translators, being one myself.

- What methods do you use?
- Is this your first translation project?
- Are you part of an agency?
- Is this a commercial translation?
- Do you adjust the payment to match the indie developers budget or do you demand a solid rate per word? 
- How about variables in games like this?
- Do you do the implementation yourself?
- Are you credited with real name or a pseudonym?

There are a couple questions that will probably keep you busy and us educated!

Edited by HataVNI
Structure

Hello! Sorry for the delay!

I translate mainly by hand, I got a few trusty dictionnaries, thesaurus and things like that near me!

It's my first official translation project, indeed

I'm a freelancer!

It's a commercial translation !

I adjusted the payment for this project, otherwise my rate is 0,08cts per word, 0,10 if it's a peculiar field (legal, medicine...)

Variables I just more text to translate, the dev did the implementation alone, I really just had to translate what he sent me, in the order he gave it to me. 

I'm credited with both !