Gadget Trial Anywhere?

I did try some research on the place where you can purchase Japanese version of it, only to find out that almost all of the store are list it as out of stock. Note that other than it has no official English version of it (So no Steam version for obvious reason), there's also no download version of Gadget Trial here seeing that it's 2006 game (Kogado just start to add download version in 2010 for some of their more popular VN, and one of such is Symphonic Rain in which it's just got the download version of it in 2017). So yeah the only way to play it is only through some other mean (ie the trope of Keep Circulating the Tapes), and you can just Google it by yourself in case you still searching Gadget Trial.

Edited by littleshogun

• 5 weeks later...

Idk about Gadget Trial, but there is "Marco and the Galaxy Dragon" which definitely contains some mecha stuff. Also Muramasa got recently localized which has mecha warriors called Tsurugi. And there is also the Demonbane Patch by the Nitroplus Discord. Baldr Sky also exists.

There is definitely some new Mecha content and it is all pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

As for Gadget Trial, it's more or less the copy of Advance Wars with several difference. Namely that it's played like FF Tactic in which you need to wait for the unit to get it's turn to act, there's no CO Power to alter the war condition, and more importantly the unit here is basically is the female robot for the obvious reasons. Also while the MC here can be said as the commander of the unit, his role is more or less limited to story only seeing that he didn't have the CO Power like I mentioned above. So yeah it's more or less simplified version of Advance Wars. By the way I did try to play this in 2010, although seeing that I'm quite suck at Advance Wars as well obviously I gave up on this.

PS - For a brief moment Gadget Trial here is available on VNDB because of the lengthy segment of the narration between the wars, although in the end it's been deleted because the war part here is still quite dominant even though the conversation is longer compared to Advance Wars.

Edited by littleshogun