Utawaremono Crash to Desktop when saving

jlkawaii

Ok, first big thanks for fuwanovel.net. i enjoyed discovered some gems :)

for the problem :

9 time from ten when i save, the game crash to desktop without error message.

Saving in combat, or not, is the same.

I already done all that was possibly possible at my side, like tinkering with compatibility, "admin run", etc... and no change

by the way, i'm using win 7 pro x64.

Have you tried moving/installing to the root of a drive and then running in admin mode? That seemed to help a lot of folks around. I run Win 7 x64 as well on a few different machines (and different flavors of Win 7), and haven't seen that problem.

Get any error messages?

PS: The Readme has good info, too

Have you tried moving/installing to the root of a drive and then running in admin mode? That seemed to help a lot of folks around. I run Win 7 x64 as well on a few different machines (and different flavors of Win 7), and haven't seen that problem.

Get any error messages?

PS: The Readme has good info, too

First, thank you for helping :)

Yes i've tried this two thing, as i've tried all tweak existing in compatibility tab, and even under wine (opensuse 12.2 x64) : same problem.

i've read the readme, but there is nothing concerning my problem, the crash relative one is with using the CTRL key.

Finally, as said before, no one error message, nothing. just a light latency after cliquing on the save (the recording i imagine on disk, as the saves are safe) and platch, return to desktop, no processus link in memory, no sound, no message.

edit : when re-reading your message, i assume you've tested the fuwanovel version, and you havn't had this issue ? if that's the case, perhaps i must look motherboard side ? as it crash after/in saving ?

Edited by jlkawaii

It helps if you tell us where you downloaded it from...

and refer here

i know that English is not my first language, but i did think to be understood. :S

i downloaded the fuwanovel version (as i post here), and tried it on my Windows 7 x64 side, and my OpenSUSE x64 (wine powered) side. same problem on the two systems : crash to desktop when saving without message. i already read the message pinned in the forum before you post, and have done ALL that was indicated (a part ccleaner, defrag, and scan, as i do them daily). My drivers are up to date, and i 've tried the tweak present in the compatibility tab of the application ( compatibility mode XP, no desktop composition, run as admin, etc...) : no changes.

i install my game in D:\Jeux\MsWin\Bishoujo\Utuwaremono --> i reinstalled it in C:\utuwaremono : same problem.

but if everyone is like TAY and has a game with no problem to saving; that's mean i have an hardware problem (as Wine is crashing as well, that's not a system side problem). erf... and i 'd like to know the root of this.

Thank you for your time :)

EDIT : OY, OY ! i just think about something : my win (and suse) system are configured as UNICODE = JAPANESE, could that be the problem ? (as this version require not local, as not unicode japanese)

EDIT 2 : no, that's not it. just tried :(

Edited by jlkawaii

I want a print screen on the error and also I want full specs on your computer...

... there is no error message, as i've wrote before.

But if i'm the only one to have this problem, let's drop it.

i'll continue monitoring this thread in case someone else experiment the same problem, but as i've finished the game despite this "bug"; for me it's ok.

Thanks to all of you for your time.

wondering, do u have another computer you can try the game on to see if the same error occurs?

Also I found this on another site.

Jaaws says:
April 27, 2012 at 7:06 am
Yes please read the previous posts.
Admin states that if you are playing the voice.exe version the game does crash when nicknames are given. to get past it save right before the scene run the utaware-dvd.exe version and save after the scene is done.
Also 64 bit does crash after every save but the save still takes. 32 bit does not have this problem.

thanks for raising the problem. ill add it to the utawareru page

i just have a netbook with Win 7 x32 so, i don't think i could launch the game on it (GMA 500), but i'll try this afternoon.
But i think you've found the problem as it describe exactly what my problem was (and i used it on win 7 x64) : "Also 64 bit does crash after every save but the save still takes".
i've just tried on linux x64 but wine x32 (forced lib) and it don't seem to crash now. i'll report this afternoon for win 32.

Thank you Aaeru smile.gif

OK, so no good for my netbook, i couldn't launch the game (the intel graphic i think), but i could tried the game on a computer friend this afternoon : no crash on a Win 7 x32 basic.

so the problem was with my win 7 x64 pro, like you found Aaeru.

thanks again, i return to tears of tiara ;)

• 1 month later...

I'm currently running into that issue with Fuwanovels copy of this VN and it does not have that utaware-dvd.exe that you mentioned there is a utaware-dvd.old file (and two other .old files) though but not sure if that is the right file or not.
Found the cause I had to have the VN set to window mode in order to make it not crash during that nickname scene.
MugenNoSeiKen says: March 5, 2012 at 5:28 am To bypass this, you have to play it in window mode. Then after the Erungaa dialogue, you can return it in fullscreen mode. AFAIK, the game crashes at that point only.