How do you feel about VN's with Gameplay aspects?

Thatcomicguy

5 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Aye, I've just read that old blog post without proper attention and interpreted a view you were describing there as your own - I've realized that l was wrong later but forgot to correct what I wrote. :wacko: I really don't even see much point in this kind conservative guarding of genre borders, site such as VNDB should be focused on utility for its users and not measuring whether the amount of VN "essence" surpasses some abstract threshold, unless in obvious cases, where there's simply no good arguements for including such title. 

Well, it depends. I understand that they want to create a clear border between what is a VN and what isn't. A database needs to have some clear rules for what counts as its part and what doesn't, because otherwise it might lead to some complications in the future. On the other hand, I don't particularly object against expanding these borders a bit. To a reasonable degree, of course.

And, you know, even then some people will be unhappy.

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

And, you know, even then some people will be unhappy.

People will always be unhappy.

And yeah I agree that there should be rules. (tou ZTD and long live the queen are still vns at my point of view).