Please Help-Can't download Ef-The Latter Tale

infel

I really need someone's help. I spent money on the two Ef games from Mangagamer and got the first one working, but the second one isn't. 

Unlike the first game, The Latter Tale has two files. I tried extracting them and combining them but it didn't work. I then contacted mangagamer and they gave me four new links which required megaupload. I downloaded megaupload to my windows 10, and it downloaded the four files needed, but I have no idea how to open the files now to get the game running. Please, I need some help. I'm new with windows and don't know how to use it very well. How can I open the files?

Edited by infel

3 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

The files have something like part1, part2 and so on in their names, right? If so, do what @Stormwolf says.

8 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Use winrar for zip files. Just right click the first file and select "extract to folder" or something like that. All 4 will unpack automatically.

It's the second batch of files. You see the two main files didn't work, so Mangagamer sent me other versions which I donwloaded from megaupload. They downloaded, but don't open and the option to unzip them isn't available...Do I need to combine them with the original files 

16 minutes ago, infel said:

It's the second batch of files. You see the two main files didn't work, so Mangagamer sent me other versions which I donwloaded from megaupload. They downloaded, but don't open and the option to unzip them isn't available...Do I need to combine them with the original files 

What are the names of the original and the new files?

Edit. @infel, most likely, you just need to copy all the files (the original and the new ones) into the same folder and try opening them again. I assume that you are using the native Windows app for opening zip-files.

Edited by Dreamysyu

11 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

What are the names of the original and the new files?

ef-latter tale.zip.001

ef-latter tale.zip.002

ef-latter tale.zip.003

ef-latter tale.zip.004

These are the new files they sent me, saying it would be easier. To upload them, I had to upload the megaupload server and did. They downloaded, but I can't open them. I don't even get an option to change them to rar files

11 minutes ago, infel said:

ef-latter tale.zip.001

ef-latter tale.zip.002

ef-latter tale.zip.003

ef-latter tale.zip.004

These are the new files they sent me, saying it would be easier. To upload them, I had to upload the megaupload server and did. They downloaded, but I can't open them. I don't even get an option to change them to rar files

Don't do that. First, download and install WinRar. Next, right-click on the first file and click "Open with". In the menu check "WinRar" and click "OK". If WinRar doesn't appear there, check "Look for another app on your PC", navigate to the folder where you installed it (it should be Program files), then the the WinRar folder, click on WinRAR.exe and press OK. It should work.

In WinRar, press "Extract to" and then press ok.

Edited by Dreamysyu

18 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Don't do that. First, download and install WinRar. Next, right-click on the first file and click "Open with". In the menu check "WinRar" and click "OK". If WinRar doesn't appear there, check "Look for another app on your PC", navigate to the folder where you installed it (it should be Program files), then the the WinRar folder, click on WinRAR.exe and press OK. It should work.

In WinRar, press "Extract to" and then press ok.

Thanks, I'll try it out tonight (got school soon).