Most Overrated and Underrated Animes

atchikotchi

Uta~Kata was a totally underrated show, and everyone should watch it!!

As for overrated... One Piece, because whenever I tell a Japanese person I'm an anime fan, they ALWAYS, without fail, say 'Oh, so you like One Piece?' NO I DO NOT LIKE ONE PIECE arhaghahfgh

For me One Piece stopped being good 600 episodes ago.

I think 07-Ghost is pretty underrated, though not too much

I think the anime "K" or "K Project" is underrated.

It has action, super powers, and a little mystery in it. The really good thing in this anime is that there is no "good guys bad guys" like in every anime. All characters have good screen time and are fighting for something. There are a few colors and every color has one king. The Blue one's are like police or military. The Red ones are more like a gang type etc. And they all have awesome characters. When you watch it you are not for either one to "win". Well that's how i felt when i watched it xD Oh there is a protagonist too XD But like i said everyone gets good screen time not just the protagonist so it's really awesome. And the art is beautiful. The world, the buildings, the character design, the colors it's beautiful.

One more anime that i think is underrated is Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. 

It's about a boy who is moving to the city (so original XD) to live with his cousine. But this anime is different from your average slice of life anime. It has a little mystery in it. It's about youth and happines, and the most important thing, it's about believing. It has a message. That's why i like it so much and i think it's really underrated. And in this anime too the art is BEAUTIFUL. It's really beautiful. If you give it a shot don't forget to watch after the anime the OVA which is the 13th episode of the anime.

I think the anime "K" or "K Project" is underrated.

It has action, super powers, and a little mystery in it. The really good thing in this anime is that there is no "good guys bad guys" like in every anime. All characters have good screen time and are fighting for something. There are a few colors and every color has one king. The Blue one's are like police or military. The Red ones are more like a gang type etc. And they all have awesome characters. When you watch it you are not for either one to "win". Well that's how i felt when i watched it xD Oh there is a protagonist too XD But like i said everyone gets good screen time not just the protagonist so it's really awesome. And the art is beautiful. The world, the buildings, the character design, the colors it's beautiful.

One more anime that i think is underrated is Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. 

It's about a boy who is moving to the city (so original XD) to live with his cousine. But this anime is different from your average slice of life anime. It has a little mystery in it. It's about youth and happines, and the most important thing, it's about believing. It has a message. That's why i like it so much and i think it's really underrated. And in this anime too the art is BEAUTIFUL. It's really beautiful. If you give it a shot don't forget to watch after the anime the OVA which is the 13th episode of the anime.

K has a godlike opening :D

Yuru Yuri is definitely overrated.

I wanted to kill myself after the first episode.

Some of the characters are just dreadful.

Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends) is really underrated.

I haven't watched the other seasons, but not many talk about this series and its great!

Has supernatural aspects mixed into it, comedy, and its relaxing. Its one of my favorites

Yuru Yuri is definitely overrated.

I wanted to kill myself after the first episode.

Some of the characters are just dreadful.

Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends) is really underrated.

I haven't watched the other seasons, but not many talk about this series and its great!

Has supernatural aspects mixed into it, comedy, and its relaxing. Its one of my favorites

You definitely should watch all seasons (Season 4 is ranked 26 in MAL btw not so underrated actually :)), one of my favorites as well.

I completely agree with you! I think all those anime you mentioned above are very overrated! Most of them either have useless filler, or are just not as amazing as you would believe they would be with everyone freaking out about it. One that is REALLY over rated is death note. Everyone kept telling me to watch it so one day I watched the first episode and was quite disappointed. I didn't quite understand the appeal of it at all!!

Air was honestly my favourite key anime of all time. Don't get me wrong, I loved Clannad, Kanon and all the others but I felt that air had the best character development and story.