0040156E CreateProcess error

I hope this is in the right area. Hi everyone, I am trying to play Hadaka Shitsuji from the download link provided in the otome section of this website but everytime it's installing through Crossover on my mac, I get a error saying 0040156E CreateProcess error. Does anyone have an idea of what this means and how to fix it? I am aware that it is an non-unicode japanese game but I don't know if that is relevant to the error or if I should change a setting to accommodate that. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello

I'm not familiar with crossover but this game is preinstalled so if you have configured crossover to use japanese locale you only need to run hadaka_en.exe in the main folder. Do not use the one in the patch folder.

Error seems to be related to memory allocation but I would assume you have some free memory on your mac when you are trying to run it.

Quick google search revealed one other person having the same problem but with wine on mac (and no solution) so it might be a wine related problem since crossover is based on that.

I'm afraid I cannot be of further help since I don't have access to mac/crossover and I don't know much about wine either. Maybe someone else knows more.

If everything else fails you could run the game on a windows virtual machine. It won't be as efficient but at least it should work.

Is this a game with DRM? wine is noted for not working well with those as DRM often exploits undocumented API functionality and behaviour.

If you have a more detailed error message than that, please post it and maybe we can investigate...

Hmm... I really don't know. The game is Hadaka Shitsuji. (Not sure if I mentioned that.)

I went into the log to find any errors and I did find this:

err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"Y:\\Desktop\\[Fuwanovel] Hadaka Shitsuji -english-\\hadaka.exe") not found

err:module:import_dll Library WMVCore.DLL (which is needed by L"Y:\\Desktop\\[Fuwanovel] Hadaka Shitsuji -english-\\hadaka.exe") not found

err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Y:\\Desktop\\[Fuwanovel] Hadaka Shitsuji -english-\\hadaka.exe" failed, status c0000135

err:module:import_dll Library d3dx9_43.dll (which is needed by L"Y:\\Desktop\\[Fuwanovel] Hadaka Shitsuji -english-\\hadaka.exe") not found

err:module:import_dll Library WMVCore.DLL (which is needed by L"Y:\\Desktop\\[Fuwanovel] Hadaka Shitsuji -english-\\hadaka.exe") not found

I guess you would need to install DirectX and somehow get WMVCore.dll which comes with Windows Media Player I think.