Anime Strike

kyrt

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-12/amazon-u.s-launches-anime-strike-paid-streaming-service/.110924

Crunchyroll, Funimation, Daisuke, Anime Now, now have some 'serious competition' from amazon's $160 subscription fee of Anime Strike.

Now for anyone who is actually thinking Anime Strike will one day be worth it please remember that both funimation and crunchyroll offer airing anime for free a week after release. Amazon Strike requires payment. 

The thing that really gets me is that when trying to push Anime Strike they say they want to treat anime fans right since television isn't doing that. They are right television isn't doing that because we had things like crunchyroll and funimation that actually understand anime fans. Instead we get Amazon who on top of making users pay 100 dollars for a prime membership must now spend an additional 60 for the Anime Strike. If that were not the kicker however there is more bad news. In order to get the Amazon Strike membership you must also have an Amazon Prime membership. Amazon is holding shows hostage behind a 160 dollar pay wall. But wait it gets worse than even that. 

Do also remember amazon has never shown a genuine interest in the anime fandom beyond are dollar value. Amazon system of organization (as someone who checked out the free thing for less than an hour) the company has a total of 52 anime (and only 6 of those are exclusive to Strike). There is no way to properly discuss the show only to give ratings there is nothing to build a community. Amazon is treating it like television as well as a number of the more risque shows are still censored and still of broadcast releases rather than dvd/blu-ray releases (Yes I checked). Amazon is also a private business so if a show offends it they can easily pull it or censor it without notice. They are also extremely limited on dub shows as well. The fact that amazon is going to curate the site/platform as well likely means any reviews or comments depicting a show in a negative light they can remove at will. Amazon has already been heavily moderating user responses/questions/reviews so this just means we're going to see it even worse now. 

Amazon Strike has also affected those with with Prime membership as many of the shows that had the entire lineup available to watch via prime now only have a few episodes which is likely confirmation that yes they are saying fuck you anime fans you want to watch anime you gotta pay us an additional 60 dollars.

Anime Strike also unlike crunchyroll, funimation, and all those others do not have a free service of any sort. Please do not support this horrible action by amazon...hell I'm annoyed enough that I'm probably going to simply stop supporting amazon and will return to pirating for their select shows. 

Anime Strike needs to fail. It has to fail or we will be seeing basically the whole situation with television happening online even worse than it already is. I am not going to do anything with Amazon Strike and I urge everyone to make it fail so that they give up on it. 

And with that my initial distaste for this mockery of anime is at an end. I'll try to remain more civil from now on I'm just so very pissed at this time. Perhaps once I cool down I can play the amazon's advocate...although as it is at the moment hell will freeze over first. 

15 hours ago, kyrt said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-12/amazon-u.s-launches-anime-strike-paid-streaming-service/.110924

Crunchyroll, Funimation, Daisuke, Anime Now, now have some 'serious competition' from amazon's $160 subscription fee of Anime Strike.

Now for anyone who is actually thinking Anime Strike will one day be worth it please remember that both funimation and crunchyroll offer airing anime for free a week after release. Amazon Strike requires payment. 

The thing that really gets me is that when trying to push Anime Strike they say they want to treat anime fans right since television isn't doing that. They are right television isn't doing that because we had things like crunchyroll and funimation that actually understand anime fans. Instead we get Amazon who on top of making users pay 100 dollars for a prime membership must now spend an additional 60 for the Anime Strike. If that were not the kicker however there is more bad news. In order to get the Amazon Strike membership you must also have an Amazon Prime membership. Amazon is holding shows hostage behind a 160 dollar pay wall. But wait it gets worse than even that. 

Do also remember amazon has never shown a genuine interest in the anime fandom beyond are dollar value. Amazon system of organization (as someone who checked out the free thing for less than an hour) the company has a total of 52 anime (and only 6 of those are exclusive to Strike). There is no way to properly discuss the show only to give ratings there is nothing to build a community. Amazon is treating it like television as well as a number of the more risque shows are still censored and still of broadcast releases rather than dvd/blu-ray releases (Yes I checked). Amazon is also a private business so if a show offends it they can easily pull it or censor it without notice. They are also extremely limited on dub shows as well. The fact that amazon is going to curate the site/platform as well likely means any reviews or comments depicting a show in a negative light they can remove at will. Amazon has already been heavily moderating user responses/questions/reviews so this just means we're going to see it even worse now. 

Amazon Strike has also affected those with with Prime membership as many of the shows that had the entire lineup available to watch via prime now only have a few episodes which is likely confirmation that yes they are saying fuck you anime fans you want to watch anime you gotta pay us an additional 60 dollars.

Anime Strike also unlike crunchyroll, funimation, and all those others do not have a free service of any sort. Please do not support this horrible action by amazon...hell I'm annoyed enough that I'm probably going to simply stop supporting amazon and will return to pirating for their select shows. 

Anime Strike needs to fail. It has to fail or we will be seeing basically the whole situation with television happening online even worse than it already is. I am not going to do anything with Amazon Strike and I urge everyone to make it fail so that they give up on it. 

And with that my initial distaste for this mockery of anime is at an end. I'll try to remain more civil from now on I'm just so very pissed at this time. Perhaps once I cool down I can play the amazon's advocate...although as it is at the moment hell will freeze over first. 

Competition is always good for an industry no matter how poor or good the completion may be.