Himawari - The Sunflower - (SPOILERS!!!)

koschaka

So I just finished Himawari earlier today and was a bit confused about the ending (Asuka's route). At the end of her route Himawari meets Cosmos and has a very interesting discussion, I'm wondering if anyone might know more about what Cosmos was talking about. She speaks of being an enemy of mankind and something about meeting Himawari again after she remembers something pertaining to the moon, also something about having been on the moon for millions of years in the darkness. At this point Youichi has been hired by the Saionji corporation and will most likely be working with Akira to "Save mankind" so I'm wondering what or who Cosmos really is. My guess is that she's possible referring to the Lunar Virus and how it had started infecting people and causing issues with memory or causing the inheritance of them. She might have been infected by the virus and inherited the memories of someone, or something (alien). I'd love to hear others theories on what direction you think happens after the end of the game, especially since I may have confused a few things or remembered something incorrectly. 

As a side note, since this game originally released 2007 I was wondering if there'd be any chance of a sequel or an extra prologue to see a glimpse into the future of Youichi's story aboard the Sunflower. I know there's a fandisc focusing on Aqua and Cosmos a year after the main story but I don't believe there's an english version/patch or if it would even matter since it wouldn't be cannon.

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback since this has been one of my favorite visual novels in quite some time.

Thanks in advance!

On 12/17/2016 at 6:25 PM, Gumak said:

Have you read side stories? Because they explain quite a lot.

I just finished it myself, the new version that just got released 100%, but I couldn't find any information pertaining to this particular mystery. I also believe that Youichi was infected with the Lunar Virus by Aoi. Though I don't exactly recall how.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:07 PM, koschaka said:

So I just finished Himawari earlier today and was a bit confused about the ending (Asuka's route). At the end of her route Himawari meets Cosmos and has a very interesting discussion, I'm wondering if anyone might know more about what Cosmos was talking about. She speaks of being an enemy of mankind and something about meeting Himawari again after she remembers something pertaining to the moon, also something about having been on the moon for millions of years in the darkness. At this point Youichi has been hired by the Saionji corporation and will most likely be working with Akira to "Save mankind" so I'm wondering what or who Cosmos really is. My guess is that she's possible referring to the Lunar Virus and how it had started infecting people and causing issues with memory or causing the inheritance of them. She might have been infected by the virus and inherited the memories of someone, or something (alien). I'd love to hear others theories on what direction you think happens after the end of the game, especially since I may have confused a few things or remembered something incorrectly. 

As a side note, since this game originally released 2007 I was wondering if there'd be any chance of a sequel or an extra prologue to see a glimpse into the future of Youichi's story aboard the Sunflower. I know there's a fandisc focusing on Aqua and Cosmos a year after the main story but I don't believe there's an english version/patch or if it would even matter since it wouldn't be cannon.

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback since this has been one of my favorite visual novels in quite some time.

Thanks in advance!

As to how Cosmos has the virus, you should remember: Cosmos is the daughter of Daigo and Momiji. Momiji has the virus because she had the orb in her body and the virus only seems to transmit to girls.

Could you change the title to: "Himawari Discussion -SPOILERS-" I'd like to discuss it with more people to unravel the mysteries.

Edited by Noumi Kudryavka

Do you remember, how lunar virus was said to hold an almost infinite capacity to store memories? No one knows, where it came from and how it happened to appear on the moon's surface, but imagine if that particular specimen is actually holding a vast array of information within itself; thousands of years worth of memories of a dying race, for an example. Now, the one who gets infected with it, will inherit all of those memories - or at least - will be given access to them. The only question is, whether the human brain is actually capable to access and read such information without any sort of strain.

That aside, Kagerou doesn't truly explain, what are the orbs, where they came from and what's the reason of their existence. We only know they store some sort of a "primordial soup" - traces of life, that might in fact be so old, it doesn't even have a shape or form anymore.

That aside, Aqua After deals exactly with all of this.

18 hours ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

I just finished it myself, the new version that just got released 100%, but I couldn't find any information pertaining to this particular mystery. I also believe that Youichi was infected with the Lunar Virus by Aoi. Though I don't exactly recall how.

As to how Cosmos has the virus, you should remember: Cosmos is the daughter of Daigo and Momiji. Momiji has the virus because she had the orb in her body and the virus only seems to transmit to girls.

Could you change the title to: "Himawari Discussion -SPOILERS-" I'd like to discuss it with more people to unravel the mysteries.

It is heavily implied in the flashbacks that Youichi slept with Aoi in the period between her regaining her memories and boarding the spaceplane. Also, men can be infected. Daigo was infected by Momiji and this resulted in his amnesia. So was the pilot dude from short stories, that is why Aoi asked him whether he slept with Momiji or not.

16 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Do you remember, how lunar virus was said to hold an almost infinite capacity to store memories? No one knows, where it came from and how it happened to appear on the moon's surface, but imagine if that particular specimen is actually holding a vast array of information within itself; thousands of years worth of memories of a dying race, for an example. Now, the one who gets infected with it, will inherit all of those memories - or at least - will be given access to them. The only question is, whether the human brain is actually capable to access and read such information without any sort of strain.

That aside, Kagerou doesn't truly explain, what are the orbs, where they came from and what's the reason of their existence. We only know they store some sort of a "primordial soup" - traces of life, that might in fact be so old, it doesn't even have a shape or form anymore.

That aside, Aqua After deals exactly with all of this.

Guess we'll have to wait for Aqua after, if it ever comes, or when I can read Japanese well enough.

1 hour ago, Gumak said:

It is heavily implied in the flashbacks that Youichi slept with Aoi in the period between her regaining her memories and boarding the spaceplane. Also, men can be infected. Daigo was infected by Momiji and this resulted in his amnesia. So was the pilot dude from short stories, that is why Aoi asked him whether he slept with Momiji or not.

Still don't unterstand how contracting the virus leads to amnesia. Since everyone kept their memories in addition to the contracted ones. Although this does explain why Aoi lost her memories of Youichi for a little while when she left the Sunflower again.

3 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Lunar Virus literally overwrites the host's memory, imprinting the collective consciousness stored within itself. Even though it is spread by females through their female children, both men and women are affected by it's influence.

And if feelings are strong enough, apparently, they can break through the overwriting process. Cheesy:wafuu:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so regarding the Hinata Aoi ending, after getting all the tips it ends up that Aries is still the one in control of her body and not Aoi. The flowers change from red to yellow assuming that red means Yoichi sees Aries as Aoi and after they turn he realizes it was Aries all along. I'm pretty sure there on that same hill where the spaceplane crashed 2 years ago. It seems that either every human is gone from the planet or they are just being left alone because of there circumstances. They also say they want to go back to there friends but they should still be in Miyuara so I don't know why they would say that. Any thoughts?

It's an illusion, or perhaps a dream. In the good finale to Aries' route, it's told directly Youichi doesn't just realize - he knew it all along it was Aries playing a trick on him, ie he came to terms with the fact Aoi is already gone; this is why he was able to break through the spell. The ending in the Tips section literally shows you how Youichi managed to properly resolve his situation with Aries, while she tells him she won't ever give up.

Edited by Narcosis

5 hours ago, Narcosis said:

It's an illusion, or perhaps a dream. In the good finale to Aries' route, it's told directly Youichi doesn't just realize - he knew it all along it was Aries playing a trick on him, ie he came to terms with the fact Aoi is already gone; this is why he was able to break through the spell. The ending in the Tips section literally shows you how Youichi managed to properly resolve his situation with Aries, while she tells him she won't ever give up.

Alright I get all that but where are they? After having the dream about Aoi he wakes up and it seems he's back in the real world.