PPSSPP Dangan Ronpa: Stuck on chapter 5 loading screen. (SOLVED)

brip1296

((I'm using the Windows 32bit version of Dangan Ronpa and the PPSSPP v0.8.1-546-g05f019d.))

Up until now, playing Fuwanovel's translation of Dangan Ronpa on the PPSSPP has been working just fine with minor, minor problems like sometimes having to press F2 to fix up dialogue issues, which is no big bother.

I just reached chapter 5 today, and got past one of the breakfast scenes to have to wait for one of the loading screens to go by, the ones with all black save for the gear spinning in the bottom right corner. I've tried quickloading my save state, and quitting out of the game and bringing it back up and starting from the beginning of the scene mentioned, but both of these have gotten me nowhere, as each time I reach this loading screen, I get stuck.

The gear doesn't stop moving, but it simply sits in this loading screen. It's been going on this try for about four minutes now, just on this loading screen.

I'm providing a screenshot of the loading screen but I don't have much else to go on regarding additional information. Like I said, up until now there were no problems with playing Dangan Ronpa. If anyone has any solutions to this issue, that'd be great to hear. <3

5GzTnIS.jpg

I wouldn't say the emulator crashes. Nor does the game really freeze. It just sits at this loading screen, and the gear keeps on spinning. It's like the game is running, but won't go further past this loading screen here.

Okay here's a couple of basic things that you should check/do.

Did you force a recheck on the torrent for the Dangan Ronpa .iso for any corruptions/missing files?

Are you seeding the torrent while playing it? If you are, then stop seeding.

Is the game set to read-only mode? If it is, then turn that off.

Is "Hardware Transform" on in the emulator settings? If it is turn it off.

Okie dokie, I wasn't seeding the torrent, so that's good. I turned off "Hardware Transform" with no luck, and right now I'm forcing the recheck on the game. The only thing I'm admittedly not sure how to do is find out if the game is in read-only mode. How would I find that?

Okie dokie, I wasn't seeding the torrent, so that's good. I turned off "Hardware Transform" with no luck, and right now I'm forcing the recheck on the game. The only thing I'm admittedly not sure how to do is find out if the game is in read-only mode. How would I find that?

• Right click Folder
  • Properties
  • Untick Read Only
  • Apply/OK

The force recheck finished but the game still will not move past this loading screen. Though, there is something new I noticed after I unchecked the read-only. The gear will occasionally... pulse, for lack of a better description; in a matter of not even a second, the gear get a little smaller then returns to its original size. There's not much more to it besides simply this. The "pulsing" does not slow the spinning of the gear from what I can tell, and I'm not quite sure what this means but I can see if turning the read-only back on will fix that.

The force recheck finished but the game still will not move past this loading screen. Though, there is something new I noticed after I unchecked the read-only. The gear will occasionally... pulse, for lack of a better description; in a matter of not even a second, the gear get a little smaller then returns to its original size. There's not much more to it besides simply this. The "pulsing" does not slow the spinning of the gear from what I can tell, and I'm not quite sure what this means but I can see if turning the read-only back on will fix that.

I've had a look, apparently there is issues with the game at "chapter 6", people suggest trying older or newer versions of PPSSPP.

I've had a look, apparently there is issues with the game at "chapter 6", people suggest trying older or newer versions of PPSSPP.

Ahh! Thank you very much, to both of you for all your help! I'll look into grabbing a newer/older PPSSPP version right away!

One more question, would getting a newer version mean having to start the game over or is there a way that I can use the file from the old version's saves?

Saves should be fine, don't delete the one you are using, just extract a different folder and run it from there.

That problem with chapter six was often resolved by turning off hardware transform, but yea. Try a different version of the emulator. The big problem I see is that you said it was chapter 5, which isn't a very common spot where most people have problems. I'm not familiar with the problem you're having to be quite honest. Still, let us know if using another version of the emulator works. Good luck.

Edit: Also, try using a recent build from here:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Ugh, spoke too soon! ;-; This new version won't allow me to investigate anything- what I mean is usually when you can interact with something a little square comes up and you can hit the X button and interact with it, however in this version it won't bring up the square and I can not interact with anything.

Hmm, did you delete the version you used before? If not, then maybe you can switch back by saving once you pass that specific loading scene in the most recent version you used and then see if it loads on the version you used before.

Edit: Oh, and are all the settings in the most recent version set to the correct ones? Like is hardware transform off and etc.?

A possible solution for the investigating problem is the following:

1) Look up FramebuffersToMem = False & FramebuffersCPUConvert = False in your ppsspp.ini file

2) Change the above mentioned things into FramebuffersToMem = True & FramebuffersCPUConvert = True and save the changes

3) Restart PPSSPP and try investigating again

I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

A possible solution for the investigating problem is the following:

1) Look up FramebuffersToMem = False & FramebuffersCPUConvert = False in your ppsspp.ini file

2) Change the above mentioned things into FramebuffersToMem = True & FramebuffersCPUConvert = True and save the changes

3) Restart PPSSPP and try investigating again

I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

Ahh I tried this and everything's all good now!! Thanks all of you for helping me out with this<33