Most unnecessarily difficult VN you've read

Ariurotl

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

It once took me more than 25 reloads to get the right combination. Just knowing that your choice was wrong doesn't give you automatically the right combination. The possible number of combinations raises exponential with the number of slider choices.

All or pretty much all of them are either about putting yourself (the protag) at lower or higher value than other characters, or putting some character at a low or high value. You can slide it a lot but there's effectively only 3 values: low, medium and high, as evidenced by the cheat you get after completing the route for the first time.

Edited by Funnerific

2 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

It once took me more than 25 reloads to get the right combination. Just knowing that your choice was wrong doesn't give you automatically the right combination. The possible number of combinations raises exponential with the number of slider choices.

In one respect, the game did wrong.  There are too many slider positions.  Most of them are approximately the same.  In fact, the FAQ I was using said only ever used 1 (one from empty), 4 (middle), or 7, except for one or two times.

Basically, by giving you a bar split into 9 segments, but only ever using 3 of them, it creates an illusion of much greater choice than is actually there, nearly all the time.  They really should have just had 3 settings, for "low/medium/high", and called it a day.  Because when the FAQ says 'set Salyu to 1, and Mr. T to 7', almost always you can set (2, 7) or (1, 6) instead of (1, 7) and the game will never notice the difference.