Baldr Heart is out, let's talk about it ^^

Tweek91330

Hey guys,

Actually playing baldr heart (currently at chapter 11), i have to say that's i'm kinda disappointed so far with the game.

Gameplay side, the game is fun. It's obvious that the game was made by the same team that did sky, the gameplay feels similar.

On the other hand, story is disappointing. It's not that the story is bad by itself, but it's sad to see how it was done.

Here some thoughts about the game (contain spoiler):

Spoiler

The concept of having students fighting against terrorist officially is kinda stupid to begin with. Really, they are happy to being officially accepted as an anti-terrorist troop. I'm sad for Suzumiya Tooru who was ignored depiste being absolutly right about this subject (as of refusing that student become soldiers).

I could let this pass easily for plot convenience, but what i hate the most about it is the "everyone is best friend, and all will go well" attitude. Of course it doesn't go well, people die, and they're all sad.. I wanted to cry out loud "You had it coming from a miles away you stupid brat", but it was late, and i didn't want to wake up my neighboor.

The setting could be good enough. We just have to see what they will do with it. The plot in itself could be good in the end, i'm not deep enough in the game to be sure of it.

As for the fairy, from what i guessed, there is a very high possibility that they are ayaka's friends who are "dead" right (exept freya ofc) ?

At the present point, i feel nothing for tsukuyomi and the game assume i should by throwing some shitty drama and romance (can we call this romance ?) this self-hate with no good reason personnality of her.

That's my main issue with the game so far, the "romance" (yes between ""), not only i can't relate to it, but it goes to the point where it get on my nerves (and i'm not a romance hater, far from that actually).

Well, i'm saying a lot of bad things about the game, but i still like it (kinda) when it's not romance time and i'm actually curious about what happenned to ayaka (in details). Maybe the game will grow more on me as i play, but so far, it's faaaaaaaaaaar away from baldr sky imo.

If anyone had impression on the game so far, i'd be glad to hear them, for now, i won't give up the game just yet, it still might be better than i think it will.

Mmm... a few points so far about the setting, having just begun the game.  One is that this is definitely based on the Baldr Skydive plotline (most likely the true ending as canon, though I haven't seen enough to be sure), with Zero's plotline sidelined (since it is an alternate world one).  The references in the first chapter are done deliberately to make you realize the connection, so that is a certainty.

I am immensely glad they brought back the old Baldr series system, rather than continuing to evolve the one from Zero.  For better or worse, Zero's battle system was just not as smooth, and Giga was just overreaching with a 3D battle system (as evidenced by the numerous bugs in the system that weren't fixed no matter how many times they updated it). 

I was prepared to be irritated by the choice to do a school setting from the beginning, so that doesn't bother me as much as it probably does you.  Also, my initial impression is that the Baldr world still hasn't lost that dystopian element, despite eliminating hunger through the use of certain technologies (to be specific, early teens go into battle and die all the time still, as evidenced by the fact that the protagonist is a vet despite still being someone who is protected by the 'over eighteen' eroge excuse). 

Yep, i can confirm that the story take place after sky (about 1 century later ?).

Also, i don't really have the time to make a big post, but i'm in chapter 9 in mao's route and... really, it's pretty good actually.

Don't read if you haven't read chapter 9 in mao's route (i'm still halfway though it, but still, it would ruin your enjoyment to know this)

Spoiler

Some things were predictable, like Yuudai being a bad guy, i knew it a soon as i saw him the first time. But i didn't expect him to be such a sneaky bastard xD.

What i didn't see coming (even with the hints the game give you) was the fact that everything is pretty much a cover up for the selling of the "unrestricted assembler", that was pretty clever.

Still, i'd like to know who resurrected ayaka/tsukuyomi and why ? Yeah, maybe they won't reveal this until near the end ^^.

Anyways, i was kinda dissapointed with how the game started, but so far, mao's route is really enjoyable.

It's two hundred years later (or slightly more).

For those playing, the compulsory route order is Tsukuyomi>Mao>Yuri>Nagi.  To get to each path after Tsukuyomi's, you have to enter the path you most recently conquered and make a choice that takes you away from the events of the path you've already seen.  In other words... to get to Mao's path, you have to split from Tsukuyomi's, to get to Yuri's you have to split from Mao's, and to get to Nagi's you have to split from Yuri's. 

In addition, after a certain point in each path, I seriously suggest saving before any choices (say about the seventh chapter of each path, you should beware the choices made available, as the wrong ones lead to bad ends that still count as endings). 

I'm about to get onto Nagi's path, and I'll be uploading a clear save for those who want to go in strong from the beginning so they can just enjoy the story when I finish it. 

11 hours ago, Tweek91330 said:

Lol yeah, it's clearly a 100% bad end.

I assume that she have another ending after clearing all other route since i miss one cg from her.

Surely, Clephas will be able to tell you that soon ^^.

I already finish tsukuyomi I thought there be like 2nd ending but I was wrong lol I

edit: i look throught the senario chat i saw theres another route beside the nightmare i assume thats good ending?