Thoughts about Specific Shows

Tay

This show was very very well done. Its one of those shows, looking back, that I can't pick out much it did wrong. Though its one of those that loses all of its emotional impact the second time around I think.

Yeah, I think so, too. I often snack on food or eat a meal while watching anime on weekends, but I can't do it with this one. It feels like I'm munchy away while watching a disaster video. No good :(!

Sola is another anime that's largely forgotten now but I'll always rank it pretty high up there. A small cast meant you cared about all of them. Their stories all finished properly, as did their relationships. If only more stories would do that!

It's true, I had forgotten about it too...surely it's due for a re-watch sometime this year. I remember not expecting the ending, and I remember liking the animation style quite a bit. I also remember when I watched it, I felt sure it was based on a VN or something ,but it wasn't...

I just finished 3 shows:

One was Hyouka. It's one of those small-scale shows where I really ended up liking the characters, also, I used to be a big mystery novel fan and that is the motif behind the show. It's definitely going on my favorite list.

Another one was Da Capo III. I have mixed feelings about it...it's not that I didn't like it, I'm male and I'm an otaku, so of course I liked it. But it could never make the kind of lasting impression that the original D.C. anime did. In fact, it ended up being almost different kind of show: a harem ecchi romantic comedy. And kind of a watered-down one.

The 3rd one was Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru. Now this is my idea of a good ecchi romantic comedy. Only 2 things are really required. That it has ecchi, and comedy. Lots of both. And of course appealing character designs. And it has that. For me, it will not dethrone ToLoveRu (pre-Darkness ToLoveRu I'm talking about) but it was a great show IMO.

BTW when thinking of imoutos I can't help but think of the Sister Princess anime from long ago. Did anyone else like that show? It's not an ecchi show, just really moe and kawaii.