Looking for Recommendations

Kairix360

I have been wanting to play some more visual novels lately, so I am looking for recommendations for ones that I can play. I have not played many, and I want to change that! I am willing to try most things since I am interested in trying different kinds of VNs, although I would prefer something that has little to no sex in it. I do not have a PC at the moment (just a Mac), so any recommendations would need to be either Mac-friendly or compatible with a console I have (I have a DS, PSP, PS Vita, PS2, Xbox 360, and Xbox One).

If it helps at all, some things that I have read are 999, Danganronpa, Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom, Hatoful Boyfriend, and Xblaze Code: Embryo. 

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps with recommending something for me to play! :) 

Not much, although it's quite interesting situation there that you didn't had PC while most of member here surely had it. Okay, I'll just answer this according to VNDB, and for recommendation here I would suggest Ar Tonelico series, Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies, and Virtual Last Reward. Other than that maybe Katawa Shoujo for Mac. Hope this help.

Katawa Shoujo has a Mac version and is a lot of people's first VN so it might be something to check out. Higurashi and Umineko are also on Mac I believe. A bunch of the Kickstarted VNs like Grisaia and Muv Luv have said they are doing Vita versions so that would be something to look for in the future (not sure exactly when). And Steins;Gate is on Vita too. Hope this helps.

14 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Not much, although it's quite interesting situation there that you didn't had PC while most of member here surely had it. Okay, I'll just answer this according to VNDB, and for recommendation here I would suggest Ar Tonelico series, Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies, and Virtual Last Reward. Other than that maybe Katawa Shoujo for Mac. Hope this help.

I haven't played Ar Tonelico, so I will look into that series. I've played some of the Phoenix Wright games on my DS and really enjoyed those! I have not played Duel Destinies since that requires the 3DS, which I do not have. I own Virtue's Last Reward but haven't gotten around to playing it yet; I should probably do that soon! 

12 hours ago, shadowolf64 said:

Katawa Shoujo has a Mac version and is a lot of people's first VN so it might be something to check out. Higurashi and Umineko are also on Mac I believe. A bunch of the Kickstarted VNs like Grisaia and Muv Luv have said they are doing Vita versions so that would be something to look for in the future (not sure exactly when). And Steins;Gate is on Vita too. Hope this helps.

I'll check out Kawata Shoujo! I just looked into Higurashi, and that sounds like an extremely interesting VN! I am a bit confused with how it is released though; is it an episodic thing? I had no idea that Grisaia was coming out to the Vita! Muv-Luv was something that sounded cool to me as well; good to know there are some things coming out in the future! :D I have not tried Steins;Gate yet, although the whole science adventure series sounds interests me. I bought Chaos;Head a year or two ago, but I learned the hard way that it's not compatible with my computer. :/ Do I need to play Chaos;Head before Stains;Gate?