The Review Box

Blythe

Novel Reviews  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to give actual reviews for the novels without them being erased ? Or not having to worry taking up to much space.

• Update review system so each posters review will not be erased and so that you can write as much as you wish about the novel.
    • Keep the review system like it is.

This poll is closed to new votes

Grrrrr, I hate, hate trying to leave a good review of the game/novel and not having enough room to do it, without the option of erasing what someone else wrote (and I just will not do that) . And now on top of everything all my reviews are gone (I hate trolls with a passion). By a mysterious messenger................ GRRRRRRR. I would like to see the review system changed to be a more mature and fully functional system. Like goodreads has would be nice, how you review a product on a stores website. A review system more like that. I don't know how hard it is do something like that or even how too, but that is what I would love to see. I am sorry if I am being a bother.

~Blythe~

The comment box thing is bit lousy, but keep in mind the main website is constantly going through optimization and expansion whenever the guys working on it find the time to do so (and we should be grateful they even take the time to do that) and making this system better is not on top of the (quite long) to-do list.

I'd advise you to not use it for posting lenghty reviews, and rather make a thread on VN talk or find the existing thread for the VN and dump your thoughts there. This way other people can react to it, etc.

The comment box thing is bit lousy, but keep in mind the main website is constantly going through optimization and expansion whenever the guys working on it find the time to do so (and we should be grateful they even take the time to do that) and making this system better is not on top of the (quite long) to-do list.

I'd advise you to not use it for posting lenghty reviews, and rather make a thread on VN talk or find the existing thread for the VN and dump your thoughts there. This way other people can react to it, etc.

Still it would make the site much better, and it would be nice to have the reviews right there where you download. Don't get me wrong, I love the site and its wonderful that they take their time to do this for everyone. ;) I figured the only reason they haven't set the reviews up differently was because is would take a lot of time and stuff. ( I wouldn't know how to make a website if my life depended on it lols) But it would nice and it would kill the trolls :P.

Yeah, this is Perry Como, a known bot who spams random websites with his "mysterious" message. I remember him spamming the Agarest wiki and we had a hard time getting rid of him/her/it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959077-/59664798

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/952954-record-of-agarest-war/59586110

You might want to upgrade your comment section to something more secure, so that it's impossible to delete other people's comments.

Yeah, this is Perry Como, a known bot who spams random websites with his "mysterious" message. I remember him spamming the Agarest wiki and we had a hard time getting rid of him/her/it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959077-/59664798

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/952954-record-of-agarest-war/59586110

You might want to upgrade your comment section to something more secure, so that it's impossible to delete other people's comments.

Differently from what happens in a wiki, in this case I'd say whoever is doing this is just wasting their own time. Even if the person messed up all of the messages, there's nothing really important there. Sometimes a nice review from a guest will get deleted, which is a pity, but aside from that there's no real damage. As long as he/she/it doesn't mess up with forum posts, I guess it's actually okay. In the worst possible scenario, if the person spends 24 hours per day doing this, the maximum we'd have to do is post reviews on the forums instead of there. Let him be, don't feed the trolls.