Hello :)

Overlord87

Hello everyone, I'm not really a newcomer to the VN world, rather a veteran coming back to the frontline :)  I started reading VNs around 8-9 years ago I think, when I was also a regular on JastUsa forums (same nick, so if someone was around there in that period might actually remember me). I don't even remember exactly why I started reading, I think it was the Genshiken manga that got me interested in trying, but I got hooked real quick, and I kept reading Visual Novels for some years. Then life happened, and some circumstances got me out of this world for a couple of years. I came back a few weeks ago and noticed that things have changed quite a lot. More games are being translated, even on Steam. A really pleasant surprise. And so here I am... reading the novels is only half the fun, the other half is talking about it :)

So, here I am, with a lot to read to make up for the time lost. Hope to have a great time on this forum :)

Hello there Overlord, welcome to the forums !!

And how much time have you been without reading any visual novels?

I do remember School Days being one of the last titles I bought (didn't like it much, honestly). I have checked on VNDB and it came out in 2012, so I guess it would be about two to three years. I read something here and there, a few hours of Kara no Shoujo 2 in japanese (but I will get the Mangagamer translation shortly, since I'm way faster in English, so I can finish it quickly), finished Demonbane after a looong time, etc. but really not much. I plan on getting back full force though. I'm currently reading Comyu, will get KnS 2, also Daibanchou. 

At the moment I'm actually reading both Comyu(at least I'm trying, it's going slow and hell) and Daibanchou. 

Oh well good luck with reading and I will try reading Demonbane. I sure need something to hype me like Fate/stay night and muv-luv...

Yeah, prepare yourself to be surprised with Demonbane. It's as bizarre as you can get. Interesting title.

Welcome to Fuwa! Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Damnit, your pic reminded me of the Code Geass VN (Lost Colours) and how I was loving every moment of the TL... and then the guy dropped it like a stone. Sad times.

At the moment I'm actually reading both Comyu(at least I'm trying, it's going slow and hell) and Daibanchou. 

Oh well good luck with reading and I will try reading Demonbane. I sure need something to hype me like Fate/stay night and muv-luv...

Yeah, prepare yourself to be surprised with Demonbane. It's as bizarre as you can get. Interesting title.

You can never go wrong with Nitro+. They make quality work and their dark stories make them stand out from the rest of the market.

WElcome to the forums! I thought your name came from the overlord anime, but I read your intro and realized it was not,anyways enjoy your stay! :D

I'm actually an history nerd (among other things), and my nickname comes from Operation Overlord, 6 June 1944 Second World War :)

Thanks everyone for the welcome :D

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Do you have a favourite VN?

Have a moe:

Hidden Content

Thank you for the welcome... and the moe :D

Unoriginally, my favourite VN is MuvLuv Alternative. But that doesn't say much, does it? I'll add a couple more titles: Hoshizora no Memoria and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.