Morality in games: What do you choose?

InvictusCobra

I always play it cowboy style, if it's for a lady or for some good money I'll be good but I also wont shy away from killing someone, if given the morality choice to spare or kill the guy that just tried to kill me I always kill him. So neutral, although admittedly the evil route is the most useful/profitable a vast majority of the time.

Edited by Ringo Roadagain

For me it depends on the ending really. 

Sure being an Evil bastard is satisfying and all that but if it turn out into a 'Everybody Dies' ending than i generally don't choose that path. 

If i can become an Evil Overlord on the other hand.... :sachi:

I always pick the "best" choice, and sometime it's considered evil. For example,

In fallout 3, you had the choice to either help the town or destroy it for money, I choose help. And, when I had to confront those man-eating group, I choose to negotiate.

But, in Dragon Dogam, you have the choice to either kill or forgive the evil cult, I killed him. And, it considered evil in the game sense.

I think this type of games are good way to explore your personality in a virtual world.

I don't really give importance to 'morals' most of the time. Generally it's either the pragmatic option or the interesting one. Some exceptions would be when a character is involved that I particularly like or dislike. So basically I play a heavily personalized 'route' you could say rather than just being concerned if it's good or bad, not to mention that 'good and bad' is highly subjective and even the devs thoughts are involved like Clephas mentioned.