Fate Stay Night videos are green screens

Testy

Okay... following format... shouldn't have missed it...

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese?: Yes

Game: Fate/stay night

Description of Problem: Watching the opening movie (because that's only as far as I have reached) turns up a green screen, but the audio is intact. Not sure if this will happen to the other videos.

Do I need some sort of codec or something? Help.

Your Operating System: Windows 7 Starter

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 32 bit

What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): None... will get back to you when I've tried them...

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes

Yeah, that codec pack doesn't add too much, won't overwrite newer versions and he installer is known for not installing codecs that conflict.

But as you say, there is always a chance. But as it stands not action no solution. :)

• 2 years later...

For some reasons even with codecs installed, I'm still getting green screen in opening movie. But I've found a solution for myself.

If you're using a laptop with both integrated and discrete video cards, try running VN on integrated video card. It did the trick for me.
I'll probably dig into it when I'll have time and try to find a solution for running it on a discrete card tho. Feels like this is a problem with either codec settings (I'm using CCCP pack), or with VN itself