Sound question with Majikoi

Mkilbride

So...I may have made a few miscalculations these last few days. 

It started with Majikoi. I booted it up and the sound, well, sounded kinda bad. Like low quality Stereo, you know? Right away my brain went into a "This isn't right" mode.

So I checked my windows sound settings, I checked my speaker wires, I checked my receiver and nothing was wrong with any of them. I updated my sound drivers as well, just incase.  At the same time this was happening, my friend purchased me Dying Light to play. Starting it - the sound sounded...off. Like muffled, the same kinda situation that was happening in Majikoi. I assumed my speaker or receiver had gone bust and was frantic with trying stuff.

It only hit me today, to go to the Dying Light forums and ask if anyone else had had similar issues with 5.1 audio in Dying Light. It turns out yes, it is a common problem in Dying Light in 5.1 to have muffled sfx like footsteps and attack sounds.  Upon reading this, I am now wondering...

How does the audio for anyone else sound in this title? I realize it's only a stereo title, no VN really has 5.1 support. But does it sound a little low quality to anyone else? I just realized I wasn't playing any other games besides Dying Light + This, and I hadn't really -tested- other games to see if the issue was there, which I am doing now and...I can't seem to find much of ad ifference. I am starting to wonder if this is all in my head =/

How is the audio for you? Is it crisp and clear? Or a little muddy?