Subahibi OP, guitar riff

Yesterday, I was playing osu! on multi, and Kenshin picked a song which happened to be the SubaHibi OP :

Aerodynamics Girls and Boys song.

Appart from the fact that it's actually a good OP, I have a feeling I know that guitar riff, or one that is extremely similar. However I can't put a name on it, be it the group or the song. I first thought it was inspired from The Cure, but I'm unable to find a song that sounds the same.

It's haunting me, please help me find that band ;-;. It sounds so similar to something else I know but I can't find it for the life of me !

I've been listening to this opening a lot these past 2 days. Thanks for sharing this version.

I wish I knew, as I really do like that opening guitar riff. Hell, I like the whole opening. xD

Last I remember LinovaA you were reading Subahibi. How is it (in terms of quality and difficulty in Japanese)?

Ok I looked up this song on a bunch of JP sites only to find.. absolutely nothing at all regarding any of the samples used (because I too have faint memory on the guitar riff in particular being used elsewhere). So in this disservice I will make up to it by showing this beautiful OP also by Hana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms1D8ZPK_Ig

It may be no SubaHibi but it's still p good (the VN).