Spoiler-free Angel Beats! 1st Beat Review

BananaShiki

Yui's route was very faithful to the anime so I can't really say it contains spoilers for the fans.

And that disappointed me cause I was really looking forward to romance Yui but all I got was a sister-relation route.

Matsushita got the route it deserved. This was unexpected for me since I thought Key would put more importance on female characters than males but this route did justice to Godan/5-dan. Poor Otonashi got Judo-throwed countless times. Now I know why Matsushita's

eyes were always closed. It's because he had poor eyesight!.......or he simply would have eyes like Brock's even if he didn't suffered from that genetic disease.

For me the best route goes to Iwasawa for obvious reasons. It was very difficult for me to watch

Otonashi get broke down when Iwasawa left him in the middle.

And I got really shocked when I found out that Otonashi

can get Iwasawa pregnant!PREGNANT!!

in the after world.

This was the only route that made me almost cry. Almost, since I have a heart made of-- anyway, I'm glad they decided to make this an episodic vn since this would allow for much more quality content for each and every characters.

But I don't want

anymore unromanceable heroine like Yui. The day I find out that Shiina is not a love interest for Otonashi in her own route is the day I die.

I also disagree with Irie being the best girl. Third best at most. 

Miyukichi, omae wa robo ka!?

Thanks for the review. It makes me jelly that I probably won't be able to read it for a couple of years, or whenever it gets translated.

I've heard there are fans on Kazamatsuri attempting to translate the entire first volume (previously they were just doing the demo before the game came out), so there's that. However, I'm... not really sure how far they are in the translation. Apparently, it's still going on.