Why the lack of kiss CGs?

Kira☆Kira has a few good ones. 

2446159-shika+%26+kirari.pngKira%E2%98%86Kira.full.328972.jpg

Oddly enough Chie gets left out, something I find very unfair.

I also found a really good one from '&' - Sora no Mukou de Sakimasu you ni - (got a interesting title for sure) which makes me really depressed that there exist no translation of it. Someone should really get on that.*

44.png?w=1200

Okay so I got a thing about kisses were the girl is clearly initiating it. Sue me.

Like most people have said the lack of kiss cgs seem to stem from the artists reluctance to show the MC. Can't really have a good kissing cg without showing both of the participants. Well apparently you can but it looks really weird. H-scenes usually get away with it by not showing the upper body of the guy. Not that they don't tend to hide the MC in the H-scenes anyway in VNs were they otherwise have no problem showing him.

*You have to listen and do what I say translators! I'm a person from the internet!

I think the reason is that unlike sex, you can't really feel similar to the characters who are kissing. There's much more to kissing than seeing or hearing, and while sex can simply arouse, kiss CGs are much harder to successfully pull off because it isn't about visuals.

Much more to kissing?

Oh that reminds me.... on some VNs especially the eroge genres, when they "x-ray" what's going on inside the girl's vajayjay/uterus/"backdoor" and how the "hyper weapon" goes in and out and releases the "babymakers", I dont think they can do that for kissing. Not like "x-raying" the mouths of the couple kissing and how the tongues move could have any more impact. :amane: 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I think the reason is that unlike sex, you can't really feel similar to the characters who are kissing. There's much more to kissing than seeing or hearing, and while sex can simply arouse, kiss CGs are much harder to successfully pull off because it isn't about visuals.

Much more to kissing?

Oh that reminds me.... on some VNs especially the eroge genres, when they "x-ray" what's going on inside the girl's vajayjay/uterus/"backdoor" and how the "hyper weapon" goes in and out and releases the "babymakers", I dont think they can do that for kissing. Not like "x-raying" the mouths of the couple kissing and how the tongues move could have any more impact. :amane: 

Kissing is far more difficult to...  "emulate", so to speak. One can probably feel aroused via a hentai CG, but it is far more difficult to get across the feeling of kissing. Kissing has intense feeling and passion, which isn't easy to convey via CGs. Sex has passion too, but the arousal sex causes is far easier to convey to the reader than the passion one feels while kissing. I think this is the reason why kissing isn't very emphasized in VNs, hence the lack of CGs- it's hard to portray accurately.