Pokémon Emerald: Moemon + Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Zenophilious

Alright, first update.

Nothing special about the team at this point: Zeno the Treecko (sorry, Zenophilious, but your name is too damn long :D ), Getsuya the Silcoon and... Marill the Marill, as I accidentally cancelled naming him. By the time I get to Slateport (nd if he's actually still alive by then), I'll name him AmamiRiku.

Seriously though, get your act together, Getsuya. You've been in a near-death situation four times already, you sure like making me worry... not to mention they were just Poochyenas. Zeno, on the other hand, is destroying everything... though, that said, I'm only now going in Petalburg Woods, but she's not been disappointing me so far. I only just caught the Marill, but I have high hopes.

In all seriousness, though, this stuff is intense... I haven't even arrived at the first gym yet, and I'm already being extremely careful at every possible encounter, I really don't want to get screwed over by random crits... I guess Getsuya has made me aware of that, if nothing else. Now, onwards!

jtNi9JM.png

Edit: you are one lucky man, Amami... also, what mon is that? ._.

No KO Wattson. Eat my shorts old man.

Sadly I lost Lacus (Whismur) to the 2nd May battle.

Edit: Sadly I don't really feel like writing any prose about this time through. To be honest I'm more just pissed and trying to show this game who's boss. My mons are hungry for victory too. They've been steamrolling the gym leaders.

Eh... I have suffered my first loss, but it is not what I'd expected - upon saving, the game crashed, and the resulting save file was clearly corrupted...

tPNUI34.png

I didn't lose too much, I'd mostly been grinding, but I did catch a Nincada and a Wishmur... so I suppose I'll have to catch those again. I do hope the game doesn't turn against me any further... but at least, I now know I have to be weary even for the game itself :ph34r:

...Is it just me or are you people terribly fast at playing this?

Maybe it's because I used up a lot of time grinding in the area near Mauville City.

I grinded all my moemons to level 20 first. Switched my Beautifly (forgot her name) with Lisa (Oddish).

Also replaced Maya (Wingull, dead) with Pucca (Makuhita).

I practically swept through Wattson's gym with Makuhita. Once again, I learned that fighting-type attacks could actually be useful in that gym due to an encounter outside. Good thing I accidentally encountered that moemon. So I got the third badge.

WOQm3d6.png

...Is it just me or is Rustboro Tunnel screwy? All I see is gray stuff.

Anyway, I ended right at the site where you first battle Team Magma. Of course, I haven't battled them yet. I got tired.

Current Party:

Sherry (Breloom), Level 24
Lisa (Gloom), Level 22
Pucca (Hariyama), Level 25
Funya (Swellow), Level 27
Lola (Lombre), Level 23
Tammy (Grovyle), Level 25

Status at time stopped:

URBso15.png

zESCLpY.png

Also, may I add that Gloom is really cute? Because she is. Holy god.

Today has been a day of pure tragedy...

Three deaths are currently being processed in my head.

Sora - Pelipper ... Killed by a critical hit at the 6th gym.

Mushiko - Trapinch ... Killed by a critical hit during training.

Tamotsu - Hariyama ... Killed by a critical Selfdestruct

I stood over the bloodied body of my closest friend.

This was a pain... far different than any other.

The room was sprinkled with shards of glass and noxious debris. A hole in the wall had been opened up by the explosion, and I could hear the alarm going off in the distance. No matter how hard I try... the world continues to take and take and take from me.

But none of that mattered in that mournful moment.

I desperately searched the depths of my mind for something I could do to reverse this ludicrous scene. That's right... it was ludicrous... because...

...because...

... it wasn't supposed to be this way!

The dormant Electrode had suddenly come to life as we walked by to pick up the Master Ball... and from there... Tamotsu suddenly jumped in front of me.

I didn't understand what was going on... until it was far too late.

There was a flash...

Chaos. Ruin.

Death.

e0c7759eec.jpg

Gruesome detail of the event was now etched into the depths of sub-conscious... but even could be set aside as the wave of searing emotion scorched my eyes.

The air in my throat caught... and my breathe turned ragged.

Tears ran down my face as I held close to my heart my dear companion's lifeless hand that had protected me countless times before.

Tamotsu... was gone.

I didn't think a critical Selfdestruct could 100-0 a level 43 Hariyama... at least when it came from a level 30... but apparently I was quite mistaken.

I thought I was being quite careful... but careful doesn't account for unlucky critical hits. Now all of my heavy hitters are dead... and I am now left with Mizuko (Gyarados) as the new backbone. Going to be a long training montage bringing these new guys up to speed.

Speaking of new guys... we have a whole new cast to introduce. I remembered an area where I didn't even go in the grass and went to go catch a Pokemon there.

Newest Members:

Hibike - Numel

Reimi - Rhyhorn

Tamaki - Votorb

Tobue - Wingull

Nozomi - Psyduck

Dobatsu - Geodude

Current Party:

24c218d466.jpg

Today has been a day of pure tragedy...

Three deaths are currently being processed in my head.

Sora - Pelipper ... Killed by a critical hit at the 6th gym.

Mushiko - Trapinch ... Killed by a critical hit during training.

Tamotsu - Hariyama ... Killed by a critical Selfdestruct

Unlucky, somehow, my lv 33 lairon withstood a selfdestruct at point blank range, you gotta hate em electrodes tho.

Also, how come your electrode looks different to mine? (Mine looks way cuter :P )

P2vPT.jpg

Update: somehow still zero deaths on my playthrough, many close calls but nothing too rough. 

Current Party: 

1358f86b67.png

Currently grinding to beat wattson, and since half my party is weak to electric, I'm hoping in a nearby zone that I can find something with ground type moves. 

Update: somehow still zero deaths on my playthrough, many close calls but nothing too rough. 

Current Party: 

poiler]

Currently grinding to beat wattson, and since half my party is weak to electric, I'm hoping in a nearby zone that I can find something with ground type moves. 

dude, howd you put the pics into spoiler tags?

926fe223ba.jpg

I stare up at the opposing trainer, and a sadistic smile was already starting to cross her face.

What was... her name again?

It doesn't really matter now...

I turn my head to the side, blood starting to spill into my eyes, and look at the motionless corpses surrounding me on all sides.

How did this... even happen?

It doesn't really matter now...

Tears mix in with the blood as I watch the female trainer approach me, her Manectric and Linoone following her in tow.

Please... why do we... have to do this?

It doesn't really matter now.

Through my dulling senses I see her raise her arm... and the two Moemon approach me slowly along with a garbled sound that I could only imagine was an order from the sadistic trainer.

Am I... about to... die?

It doesn't... really... ma...tter... no...w.

So yes. My journey is now over. My party and I were killed by a trainer on an island off the coast of Mossdeep.

This... wasn't supposed to go like this.

The moment I lost Tomatsu... I knew I was in big trouble.

I am not sure if I wanna boot up a new file or not. I am currently suffering from severe pain... so I'll have to get back to you guys on this.

I am not sure if I wanna boot up a new file or not. I am currently suffering from sever pain... so I'll have to get back to you guys on this.

I think one of the optional rules for nuzlocke was restarting from the last gym you beat (last save or whatever)