Pokémon Emerald: Moemon + Nuzlocke Challenge :D

Zenophilious

Holy shit. Dx

You guys are down for the count? :(

Conveniently enough, I am at Mt. Pyre... so I shall pray for the souls of your Moemon.

I was lucky to just lose Hana (Oddish) to Wattson.

In other news.

Two new members:

Kajiura - Duskull

Kurome - Shuppet

I think I forgot to mention the Kecleon as well... but I can't remember her name right now. :/

Also, Nobuko (Sandslash) has also suffered the fate that is crits... :cry:

I skipped past the Flying gym so I could train up my Trapinch and stuff. Wanna evolve him before I go and do that gym.

Man... my heart is being destroyed. Every time I lose someone I just get this gut wrenching pain and it is kind of great.

I feel like I am playing an utsuge... because no matter how hard I struggle... I'll probably just die in the end.

Wish me luck with the coming days.

Current Team:

75791e9500.jpg

Man... my heart is being destroyed. Every time I lose someone I just get this gut wrenching pain and it is kind of great.

I feel like I am playing an utsuge... because no matter how hard I struggle... I'll probably just die in the end.I'll destroy it more by saying: You probably don't care for them as much as you say. I don't get attached to creatures unless they're real animals

I'll destroy it more by saying: You don't care for them as much as you say you do. I don't get attached to animals unless they're real. Ergo, that would mean I don't get attached to Pokemon. Having said that, look at how many Pokemon you've lost. Look at how many I've lost. There's a difference because I treated this like they were actually going to die, like I was the master of their fate. I don't care about them that much, and only two have died. (not counting my game over) Yet you claim you care about your Pokemon, while countless comrades fall before you? If you truly cared about your Pokemon, you would've trained them more and harder, to be prepared for any battle.

Or y'know, it could've just been that you were unlucky but whatever.

Also, why can't I make paragraphs like this in stories? It would be much more helpful there than here. BTW, don't take this seriously. It's all in good fun, y'know?

I'll destroy it more by saying: You don't care for them as much as you say you do. I don't get attached to animals unless they're real. Ergo, that would mean I don't get attached to Pokemon. Having said that, look at how many Pokemon you've lost. Look at how many I've lost. There's a difference because I treated this like they were actually going to die, like I was the master of their fate. I don't care about them that much, and only two have died. (not counting my game over) Yet you claim you care about your Pokemon, while countless comrades fall before you? If you truly cared about your Pokemon, you would've trained them more and harder, to be prepared for any battle.

Or y'know, it could've just been that you were unlucky but whatever.

Also, why can't I make paragraphs like this in stories? It would be much more helpful there than here. BTW, don't take this seriously. It's all in good fun, y'know?

(Don't take the following whatever I am about to write seriously either... it is just my inner-chuuni slowly taking over. xD )

BGM:

I have lost nine Moemon as of this moment, five of which came from the one sided slaughter known as Brawly. In the instant we stepped up to the plate against him, I knew my previous assessment was the mere idling of an immature child. The battle destroyed my pure soul, as in my not-yet tarnished worldview, everything was going just fine... when suddenly everyone was dead. To be perfectly honest, I left my town an innocent boy; naive to the cruel ways of this warped world. I truly thought we were ready for him, but alas, I was mistaken. Innocence was crushed under the steel boot of reality; my naivety torn asunder.

So, I made a vow of folly in my heart as I finished burying the last of my fallen comrades.

To stand together with my Moemon at the precipice of the world and throw down the curtain on this butchery. I truly thought I could toss this world into the abyss, and shatter the very ideals that hold it up!

Much to my vexation...  even something I thought to be so simple could never be done. Time after time, I had to accept some messed up ideal of "necessary loss" in order to save the rest. But for what? To watch my friends die... over... and over again...?

That can't be right!

My petty vow only ended in the deaths of two more of my friends... and even when I gave up on such childish dreams... the world continued to take from me.

So I'll tell you this, friend. My bonds with my companions are as true as the life you now hold. We watch out for one another, care for one another, and travel this sick and twisted world searching for our collective raison d'etre. A step at a time we now move forward, regardless of anything else... and if one of us falls, a part of the rest of us dies with them. And now... I won't let some sick travesty of what is Just take hold of my actions once again!

Therefore, I will live for my Moemon, come whatever may! If the world strikes once more at us, we'll strike back with the force of a thousand more in equal form. I won't let this cacophony of sorrow and despair take hold of our paths, throwing us down like so many before us...

No...

I will...

We will...

Stand...

Together as One!

Holy shit... after writing all of that... I care like... 50x more than I ever did before. o___o

I wanted to write more... but it is 4 AM and I am dead exhausted.

Writing in chuuni for too long is utterly exhausting... I'm telling ya. xD

Heh, I like the idea, and since I've never actually tried nuzlocke myself, I think I'll give it a shot.

...I was wondering why it was called 'moemon', but after reading some of your struggles, I wonder if these sprites make it more painful to lose members, since they look more human moe?

Yes, that is definitely the reason. Especially because some of them are super adorable.

Also my luck is continuing to be horrible. I'm now 2 for 5. Usso (Poochyena) keeps killing all newcomers. I now have a Poochyena, a Torchick and a Marill. If I don't catch anything else soon I am all kinds of screwed.

Yes, that is definitely the reason. Especially because some of them are super adorable.

Also my luck is continuing to be horrible. I'm now 2 for 5. Usso (Poochyena) keeps killing all newcomers. I now have a Poochyena, a Torchick and a Marill. If I don't catch anything else soon I am all kinds of screwed.

I found that Ralts is pretty common in that area,

also,why not use marill to weaken the mons?

Marill was my latest, so I have been using her to weaken stuff. Managed to get a Taillow so that's helpful. With Fire, Dark, Flying and Water covered I should have a slightly easier time than I had last time with a party full of normals.

Edit: FREAKING ABRA! Stop making me waste a route on you! These things shouldn't even count! They're such trolls!

Oh well at least now it's a duplicate so I can ignore it if it comes up again.

Edit2: UHHHHHH! EAT IT Rock-lady! No KOs first gym. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I think my careful play is paying off.

Two little questions here... do you guys use the 'set' battle mode? Ever since I found out that exists, I've been using it because I felt for those poor gym leaders... though this'll probably only make it harder. And also, how do you come up with names? I'm thinking of using the names of people from the forums, if only so I can see you all squirm.

Two little questions here... do you guys use the 'set' battle mode? Ever since I found out that exists, I've been using it because I felt for those poor gym leaders... though this'll probably only make it harder. And also, how do you come up with names? I'm thinking of using the names of people from the forums, if only so I can see you all squirm.

I just use random names I think of, or you can use a random name generator I guess

Whats set battle mode??

Set battle mode is disabling the option to switch out when you're prompted what your opponent is going to use. Basically, it means you and your opponent are on equal ground; you can't switch in order to counter them. It's in the game options, under 'battle mode' I think it was.

I did it somehow, I really wasnt ready for wattson, I had to use tons of sand attacks (from my mightyena) then make him use up all of his shockwaves so that all his other attacks miss (I used a crap ton of super potions too) Finally did it tho. At a cost.

RIP Aoi the Mightyena, I shall miss you

Edit: Natsu the Numel has now joined the team

My Azumarill Anna steamrolled Brawly. Eat it. Dat Defense Curl. I never though a tank could be so useful in Pokemon. His Makuhita barely scratched me, and I dropped an X Special so that Anna's Watergun hit like a truck.

... sadly I lost Sakura the Taillow to May. I accidentally hit the wrong attack or I would have no KOs up to now. I can't tell you how pissed I was at that. Like, that's not the RNG being mean or my luck being bad, I just straight up pushed the button at the wrong time and it cost me a mon. That's just plain painful.

But my team now is looking pretty awesome. Anna is untouchable and Rand is now a Kombuskin that will completely wreck the crap out of the electric gym.